The thread in which Phil has a new project/toy

I don't think I'm brave enough to do several of those trails. That is awesome, but I don't think we can go 4 wheeling together!

Oh sure we can. Your Jeep would have no problems on those trails. They do make you pucker a bit at first though. hahaha

Some of these folks were pretty serious. They did some pretty intense trails.

Reactions: Tig
Now that I'm home...

Did you do much of the White Rim Trail? The horseshoe is part of it, I think.

We did the whole thing in our rental, and while it was an easy trail, it was about 90 miles or so, and extremely fun.

That's the first thing we plan to do when we drive out next year, only rather than speeding through and finishing it in 7 hours, we're going to take our time and camp in the desert.

Now that I'm home...

Did you do much of the White Rim Trail? The horseshoe is part of it, I think.

We did the whole thing in our rental, and while it was an easy trail, it was about 90 miles or so, and extremely fun.

That's the first thing we plan to do when we drive out next year, only rather than speeding through and finishing it in 7 hours, we're going to take our time and camp in the desert.

No, I did Hell's Revenge on Friday, Fins N Things on Saturday. I was traveling back Sunday afternoon, and they were going to run Poison Spider Mesa, which is an all day run in itself. So Sunday morning I just shook hands with everyone, then went on my own and visited Deadhorse Point State Park. Then headed on back.

I'll read up on White Rim Trail. One I'm interested in running is Shafer Road. It's not a 4X4 road, but looks interesting.

Seriously though, you would have a blast on Hell's Revenge. And it's not as bad as you think. Most of the gnarly stuff has bypasses.

White Rim is a very scenic trail with lots of side trails. It's about 90 miles to go all the way around, and there's nothing terribly technical, but it's a lot of fun.

If anyone has a half hour to kill, here is the latest videos. We did Wheeler Pass today. The first half of the second video was my favorite part of the trip.

So, here is how my morning went yesterday.

Drive truck to work.
Pull driveshaft and tail shaft seal out of truck.
NAPA gave me the wrong tail shaft seal.
Walk home.
Wait until 9 for NAPA to open.
Drive Lexus to NAPA
Drive Lexus to work with correct part.
Fix truck.
Drive Lexus home.
Walk back to work.
Ponder washing truck, decide nah.
Drive truck home.

NAPA, I am disappoint.

The stupid thing is, when I was at home waiting for them to open, I went to THEIR website, entered my truck's info, and boom. First listing was the correct seal. I just wrote the number down on a piece of paper and handed it to the guy. Ugh. 20 minute job ended up taking about 4 hours.

Back