The thread in which Phil has a new project/toy

We reached the summit!

The mountains you can see in the background are in Utah.

Day 2 was a trip to Cherry Creek, NV, with a stop at a mine and climb up a mountain on the way.

Lunch! Pretty nice view.

Back down the mountain, looks like an operational livestock water system.

The ghost town of Cherry Creek. There are still a couple residents, but not much.

So, on Sunday they were going to actually run one of the steam engines. Since I had to be at work Monday morning at 5 am, I figured on doing the train ride, then bugging out.

The man I mentioned earlier, Geno, volunteers to be a "Ghost Rider" train robber, that robs the train.

This is a crappy job.

The red-light district of Ely. I think they said there are 3 brothels there.

So, going through a tunnel, in a flat car, behind a steam engine, you get showered in cinders. Part of the experience i guess!

And, finally, the great train robbery. The guy on the lead horse is Geno.

He's in the red scarf. Taking our stuff.

After that I did the 4 1/2 hour drive back to Vegas. I'm beat.

The truck ran perfect, I'm so proud of it. Not a hiccup. The ride up was over 110 degrees for over 4 hours. Then all the way up to 11,400 feet and back down. Two full days of off roading, then a 4 1/2 trip back home. The only thing I did on the last day was replace the air filter, the one in there was pretty dusted up.

That had to be a flat out great weekend trip. Your 4x4 is ending up being a great investment.

Thanks Dave! Yes, it really has upped my quality of life. I have been on 12 different off road trails since January. I'm extremely pleased. And yes, this trip especially, was fantastic. The people I went with were great, very friendly. We had lots of laughs, and saw some great stuff.

I can't remember... are you putting a locker in or not?

Is the 4:10 for your current dif, or for the 1 ton?

This is a 4:10 set for the 1 ton axle. I'm going to put in a Detroit Locker at the same time I do the gear swap.

Back