The thing that keeps me sane from building guitars

dougk

b00b
Believe it or not, building guitars always sounds like "oh man what a fun job" while that's mostly true... it can be tedious at times. (TGP especially see's to that LOL).

So anyways, thought I'd show my new project. It's not far along yet but it's moving.

152016289.jpg

Yep. That's an 82 Volvo 240 Wagon (245) ... diesel.

Now before you lose your minds, here's some cars past of mine:
9355441.jpg

9356182.jpg

(I love this picture: mid "fuck you starter solenoid" stride). There was countless Pontiacs that predate my digital camera.

Then I got into goofy boxy things. (82 242TI)
7420284.jpg

7420285.jpg

From this..
39160943.jpg

39160949.jpg

Then I had this guy (95 850T5R)
85650338.jpg

83404907.jpg

That when I finished would do this

453/450 whp/wtq

Oh and one of these
48475267.jpg

and a bunch of others over the years.

Anyways, that brings me back to the current project. 6-7 years ago I did my decade annual "I swear off cars FOREVER" routine. But about a year ago, like clockwork I got bored and my wife insisted that I needed a project car. Well, that and my employee bought a 240 turbo and it made me home sick.

So back to the 245 diesel. Well the diesel is GARBAGE in these old volvo's but it does create an interesting smog exemption. So basically going to combine the best of both worlds from my 242 (fun and RWD) and T5R (reliable power). Should be fun! Half tempted to build a guitar amp into it so I can call it a business expense.

Here's where it's more or less at right now
154965568.jpg

Should be fun right? :wink:

Oh one last thing- I'm so insane that I reshot my wheels using goldtop powder. Cause America.
151991196.jpg

-d

I finally cured that solenoid issue on my Chevy by installing a Ford solenoid on the firewall. That thing would stick at the absolute worst times., most often on a cruise night in Central Valley.

I finally cured that solenoid issue on my Chevy by installing a Ford solenoid on the firewall. That thing would stick at the absolute worst times., most often on a cruise night in Central Valley.

Never had a problem till the day we sold it. F'ing cars. LOL

that Volvo looks just like my buddy's car from our high school days
it was a beater, to say the least.
bungee cord to hold to doors closed...:facepalm:
deathtrap, for sure.

I still have a piece of the seat in my photo album. :grin:

we once took about 18 people to 7-11 in his Volvo...we were smart back then :wink:

Nice. That brown 240 wagon could be my mom's old car. Same year and everything.

Son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' that...

Hot

Rod

Volvo.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Delores?
Mulva?
Mulva.jpg

Volvo!

Love the one in last picture.

The guy that is doing the body work on my 69 Charger is a huge fan of the Volvo wagons.
This guy has worked on award winning show cars, race cars, superb classics, muscle cars, everything... and he drives a shoe box and loves it.

that Volvo looks just like my buddy's car from our high school days
it was a beater, to say the least.
bungee cord to hold to doors closed...:facepalm:
deathtrap, for sure.

I still have a piece of the seat in my photo album. :grin:

we once took about 18 people to 7-11 in his Volvo...we were smart back then :wink:

I once got 13 people in my VW Rabbit 2-door :thu:

and he drives a shoe box and loves it.

There really is something quite special about those damned things. Partially cause they are a cheap, run for freaking ever, RWD wagon that is easy to work on with an engine bay big enough to swallow a twin turbo viper motor (yes, it has been done and a multitude of other swaps).

Plus having a 500+ bhp Volvo is just downright entertaining :wink:

Awesome! The first car I bought on my own was a 73 245. Orange. Thing was a tank. Drove it into the ground. Always wanted a p1800 too.
:thu:

I used to own an old 240 sedan, with the push button overdrive. I loved that car.

Awesome! The first car I bought on my own was a 73 245. Orange. Thing was a tank. Drove it into the ground. Always wanted a p1800 too.
:thu:
I used to own an old 240 sedan, with the push button overdrive. I loved that car.

Awesome!!!

Well this happened today
155169698.jpg

155169699.jpg

155169700.jpg

155169701.jpg

155169702.jpg

155169703.jpg

155169704.jpg

The lighting throws the color off for my camera in the booth but that's white epoxy primer.

OK, note to future Doug: painting under a car with out a rotisserie sucks.

Awesome!!!

Well this happened today
155169698.jpg

155169699.jpg

155169700.jpg

155169701.jpg

155169702.jpg

155169703.jpg

155169704.jpg

The lighting throws the color off for my camera in the booth but that's white epoxy primer.

OK, note to future Doug: painting under a car with out a rotisserie sucks.
I am so jealous. Between you and Dodgechargerfan doing restorations like this I'm dying over here with my beat to shit truck :embarrassed:

I am so jealous. Between you and Dodgechargerfan doing restorations like this I'm dying over here with my beat to shit truck :embarrassed:

Well if it makes you feel better, this is probably the only thing that'll happen for a month. Seems like I average 1 weekend out of every 8 to work on it LOL

Back