Achtung! The Terry Allen Hall Memorial Virtual Open Mic One Take (VOM1T)

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
To quote the man himself:

Just to remind us all of the parameters

(1) Just like a "live" Open Mic, one take, so make it a good one!

(2) Any style! Acoustic or electric.

(3) Solo, ensemble, vocal, instrumental, your call!

(4) Video or just audio, again your call!

(5) All weekend - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, starting as early Friday as anyone cares to post, ending at midnight Sunday, wherever you are.

Let's have fun with it this weekend!
thumb.gif

If you guys aren't sure what this about check this out: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/on-behalf-of-terry-allan-hall.58636/

Last edited:
Actually please let folks know in other places that we are doing this since I think Terry participated in these on other forums as well.

Nicely done, and I like the loop idea. I'm not quite up to singing anything but I can see contributing something like that.

Nicely done, and I like the loop idea. I'm not quite up to singing anything but I can see contributing something like that.
Thanks....I didn't really have anything prepared so I wanted to just capture a moment in time like that so the screwed up video kinda bummed me out. The only rule is that its a single take..you can share whatever you like.

I'll do what I can, but this is New England Folk Festival weekend and I don't think I'll get to record anythng.

Ah, but most of my Little Red Songbook CD was done live, one-take. I think TAH would appreciate a Wobblie tune.

I keep thinking about how Terry said "I'm feeling a little strange". :(

Thanks for the memories Terry.

Back