The Telecaster thread

My Tele was a warmoth body drilled for an American Std Tele and it dropped right on.

Yeah, as far as I can tell most plates are cut to a standard size.

Strat bridges on the other hand is extremely hit or miss. I had to some drilling with the SuperVee on my strat (as that was a Squier body).

My buddy built this one for me from scratch (including carving the neck). It's solid maple. heavy as hell, and sounds and plays like a million bucks

My baja is the one I play most often though.

I love the one your buddy built. I like how the body and neck are kinda reversed (maple and dark). That is super cool.

Oh yeah, this is a partscaster I built. It's for sale if anyone is interested

otele1.JPG

otele2.JPG

otele3.JPG

I love the one your buddy built. I like how the body and neck are kinda reversed (maple and dark). That is super cool.
Thanks. Yeah, it's a unique guitar. The fingerboard is ebony. The body is painted with one of those color shifting paints. It's purple/black, depending on how you look at it. Another friend did that for me in his autobody shop.

Chad, who's going dictate the nomenclature so know what is and isn't a Tele?

I mean, these all work for me and so would Gordon's Yamaha Pacifica super-Tele (like this one):

16.jpg

...but I don't want to be wrong.

That's a Pacifica 1230S if I'm not mistaken. Would love to have one of those. There's a blue one on ebay in the US at the moment in need of some TLC but short of a large surprise windfall it's not coming my way.

Back