The Small Board Trend....

I cold never mount my tuner like that. I would be twisting my neck around every time I tuned. :grin:
it's how I have mine now, actually. If you wanna fit 7 pedals on a PT Mini, you have to break a few eggs. Or something like that.

I cold never mount my tuner like that. I would be twisting my neck around every time I tuned. :grin:

You just learn and overtime time it is a breeze. Besides by mounting it that way, you get more real estate. Proof is with my GP board, notice the sideways tuner above the Wah. That would have been dead space if I didn't put baby into the corner.

Pedalboard 2 - S.jpg

My small board is at the bottom. I use the SD-1 with my MT2 to get Zakk Wylde type distortion and squeal. It gives me such an erection. I use the DS-1 with the Big Muff to get boost similar to when Kenny Wayne Shepard kicks it in while playing Blue on Black. It's so sexy. The second shelf goes into my effect loop.
small and big.jpg

Irony is that the small board was created for two reasons. One was for use with the blues band and the other for the TP band. Future plans were to do some East Coast gigs (the connections were there) and just use a provided backline. This meant scaling down my gear to a very basic level for travel. Sadly this didn't happen.

The other thing that is nice about this board will be Volto. After a few years I want to give it a go for jams and small gigs. What is Volto?

http://www.pedaltrain.com/volto/

VOLTO-2.jpg

Did you ever get the volto?

Did you ever get the volto?

Not yet.

Just been using my Spot. Hard to justify $100 for that battery at this time. If I were doing more gigs with the small board I would highly consider it. Sadly it is a continuous internal debate of convenience where I don't need to search for an outlet - but it has not been yet justified.

Not yet.

Just been using my Spot. Hard to justify $100 for that battery at this time. If I were doing more gigs with the small board I would highly consider it. Sadly it is a continuous internal debate of convenience where I don't need to search for an outlet - but it has not been yet justified.

Damn you Saint, and your logic :grin:

I was hoping to get a reliable review. I have a PT mini that I want a power supply for. I am very leery of the one spots. I have 2 and while they work, for the most part, I have a few pedals that don't work well with them and I suspect they are the reason for a couple pedal failures I have had.

Damn you Saint, and your logic :grin:

spock-logic.jpg

I was hoping to get a reliable review. I have a PT mini that I want a power supply for. I am very leery of the one spots. I have 2 and while they work, for the most part, I have a few pedals that don't work well with them and I suspect they are the reason for a couple pedal failures I have had.

Interesting....

I haven't had issues with mine as they are low current draw devices. Could be just one of your pedals is the culprit.

spock-logic.jpg

Interesting....

I haven't had issues with mine as they are low current draw devices. Could be just one of your pedals is the culprit.

It has been multiple pedals differt types (fuzz, reverb, chorus) and different brands. My Iron Bell refuses to work with the one spot.

It has been multiple pedals differt types (fuzz, reverb, chorus) and different brands. My Iron Bell refuses to work with the one spot.

Check the current needs of the Iron Bell. That is usually the biggest clue of how much power needed.

Just add the current requirements up. This was one of the issues I had originally with the One Spot. I jumped on it because my small board requirements were small.

I'm revisiting this because I've changed my board connections. I stopped using my effects loop and find that the effects that were in the loop before sound better, to my ears, then before. Each board pictured, 3 in total, can be independent of itself and can be removed and laid flat on the floor or left in my wrack.
small and big.jpg

My small board is at the bottom. I use the SD-1 with my MT2 to get Zakk Wylde type distortion and squeal. It gives me such an erection. I use the DS-1 with the Big Muff to get boost similar to when Kenny Wayne Shepard kicks it in while playing Blue on Black. It's so sexy. The second shelf goes into my effect loop. View attachment 20394

I'm revisiting this because I've changed my board connections. I stopped using my effects loop and find that the effects that were in the loop before sound better, to my ears, then before. Each board pictured, 3 in total, can be independent of itself and can be removed and laid flat on the floor or left in my wrack. View attachment 21618

I remember the first amp I had with an FX loop. I had to try it out and I didn't think anything sounded better in the loop. It may be because I played for so long without one, my ears like it better that way.

I remember the first amp I had with an FX loop. I had to try it out and I didn't think anything sounded better in the loop. It may be because I played for so long without one, my ears like it better that way.

I have only found rack equipment loops to work the best for me.

Most of my amps are single channel with no Efx loop. The other thing is that I don't use a lot of time effects today as compared to the past. So the type of music one plays defines the Efx being used as well as the frequency of use.

Back