The Skype class suggestion/request thread!

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
What would you like to see us offer online? We discovered that the recording classes will not be viable at the current time but we have a staff at Premier Music that teaches voice, bass, drums, flute, sax, clarinet and classes on music theory, jazz theory and history and much more. I can also probably set up one time or short term seminars with the guys on Toms Bluescast or other guests. I'm thinking that one on one recording classes might work, too.

If we get enough interested in any particular subject I'll see if I can put something together!

for more information on what we currently offer in the studio check out http://www.premierschoolofmusic.com/

The number one class that comes to mind is a rock (broadly defined) rhythm class. Something like applying your free rhythm lessons one 2-4 songs or portions of songs in different styles. The challenge might be to have 5 people of comparable skill/development. It would have to be a prerequisite that each participant had worked your rhythm series of lessons previously. And you might have to have people take turns muting their mics while one person is audible to you. At least that would be one idea. The noise could be pretty jumbled otherwise.

Doing this in a group setting would be motivating to me. Kind of like an exercise class.

Im really bumed about the recording class. I could have used that. Looks like Im going to have to takes Prages up on his offer and head to WV for a few days.

I argee with Steve, the rhythm classes would be good.

Your history of Rock and Roll class would be very cool too.

Back