The Single Coil Appreciation Thread

Gorgon90

Harmonic Dive Bomber
My first guitar was a cheap and decidedly nasty Strat clone. Put me off single coils, particularly at the bridge, for years. However Cry Of Love's debut album 'Brother' and a few other experiences opened my mind to them again and I now have these beauties in regular gig rotation. What have you got?

20141115_095951.jpg

Well, there's this one...

...and there's this one...

...which is for sale...

...and then there's this one...

...which is also for sale...

Well, there's this one...

...and there's this one...

...which is for sale...

...and then there's this one...

...which is also for sale...

smart decisions, jello. i know it's horribly unpopular for me to say, but telecasters are generally over-rated. :wink:

This one's the current favorite.

IMGP9608_zpsa7abceca.jpg
9664137f-aae8-4565-84d0-01929c95b496_zps3a42fbb3.jpg
03daef0e-480f-4702-990b-4b67321288bf_zpsdf18fb73.jpg
Ok, the white Strat is cheating by being a Fat Strat, but it's still a single coil in 3 out of 5 positions.

This is a '96 MIM Strat with upgraded Lace Sensor Gold pups
IMGP9270_zps64df3372.jpg

Reactions: Tig
I need to take some new photos.

I gigged with this one for a bunch of years. It's a decent strat. Early 2000s Fender Highway One. Not as alive as the G&L, but it's a good guitar, and I got George Clinton to sign it when he was on my flight.
FenderStrat2.bmp

Palo Escrito Tele. Another one that I've gigged a lot. One of the best teles I've ever played. It's a rock machine.
FenderTele2.bmp

Squier CV Tele w/ a Warmoth neck and Fender Custom Shop Nocaster pickups. It's a little on the heavy side, but it feels and sounds killer.
IMG_0508s.jpg

G&L Legacy with natural wood binding. Resonant as hell and the neck plays like butter. Fucking glorious. Funnily enough, I never ever play it.
IMG_1363s.jpg

And this is a really shitty photo of a great guitar. My James Tyler Line6 JTV-59. The modeling is cool, but the P90s in it are perfect.
ajepatar.jpg

Reactions: Tig
I only play single coils, although I want a Filtertron equipped guitar at some point.

100_3677_zps8df91b9e.jpg

photo11_zps4b621570.jpg

4 of my 5 electrics are single coil guitars. I prefer the range they offer and they fit my style more than most (not all) humbuckers.

Back