The search is over.

I was going to lift my Land Rover but my wife has trouble getting in it now. A two inch lift will really make her unhappy. It is slightly lifted already since it has taller than stock tires. I know what you mean about discretionary cash. I've already bought rear light brush guards, factory driving lights, dash cam,and new wheel center caps. Coming in spring, because it's -7 out and I'm not working outside on it, Bull bar, different tires, bigger fender flares, tire spacers, light bars, more lights, rooftop rack, rear ladder, winch, and maybe rock sliders and skid plates.

@Prages what are your thoughts now after several months of jeep ownership?

I wish I'd bought one 20 years ago.

As much as people (even on Jeep forums) complain about the rough ride, lack of power, how noisy they are, and all of the leaky roofs, etc, etc, etc...

Mine rides much better than my Ranger did. It's got a quieter ride than the Ranger did. Yeah, I see a little drip of water around the rear window zipper and occasionally there's a small puddle in the floor board where there's a small leak either in the door sill, or up at the top of the A pillar, and it runs down to the door sill...not sure which. Even though mine is the less desirable and less powerful 3.8l (roughly 200hp compared to the newer 3.6l which is roughly 250hp) it still has a TON more power than my Ranger (which was 3.0 with about 150hp). Mrs. P's has the 3.6l and while I can tell a difference in power, it's pretty negligible (probably since hers is the much heavier 4 door).

The only problem is that Jeep really does stand for Just Empty Every Pocket. There's just so much aftermarket stuff out there. It's a blessing and a curse.

Last edited:
Honestly...as long as I'm financially stable, I want to own a Jeep.

Part of me still wishes I'd bought an older TJ because they are simpler, and easier to work on. I do have to admit that I love the amenities of the JK/U for a daily driver, though.

Mrs. P has already told me that after I get this one the way I want it, we'll need another one as a daily driver.

God, I love that woman!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Had to buy a battery today.

I guess routine maintenance is still a cost of owning a used Jeep.

Funny, though. It was 10° this morning, so I went out to start it up so it could warm up. Just got the dreaded click.

Charged it for about 20 minutes. While charging, I checked my email and had a 20% off coupon from Advance Auto Parts.

Got their top of the line battery for the cost of their bottom of the line battery.

It would have been more fun to put that money toward a lift (it would have paid for one shock or something), but I guess being able to start it is probably a priority.

Had to buy a battery today.

I guess routine maintenance is still a cost of owning a used Jeep.

Funny, though. It was 10° this morning, so I went out to start it up so it could warm up. Just got the dreaded click.

Charged it for about 20 minutes. While charging, I checked my email and had a 20% off coupon from Advance Auto Parts.

Got their top of the line battery for the cost of their bottom of the line battery.

It would have been more fun to put that money toward a lift (it would have paid for one shock or something), but I guess being able to start it is probably a priority.

Yeah, no matter how cool it looks, it has to run......can't really 4-wheel if it doesn't run.

Between tax refunds, and a semi-unexpected bonus at work, big things are about to happen with my Jeep.

Parts are starting to trickle in. The lift, which includes new springs, shocks, front track bar, sway bar disconnects, bump stops, brake line relocation brackets, etc, is backordered until the end of the month.

I also ordered a rear track bar, lower front control arms, and a programmer to correct my speedometer for the bigger tires. The rear track bar and programmer are here. I still have the new wheels sitting in the living room.

I'm going to get the lift put on, then see how much lift I actually get before deciding on the tires.

Between tax refunds, and a semi-unexpected bonus at work, big things are about to happen with my Jeep.

Parts are starting to trickle in. The lift, which includes new springs, shocks, front track bar, sway bar disconnects, bump stops, brake line relocation brackets, etc, is backordered until the end of the month.

I also ordered a rear track bar, lower front control arms, and a programmer to correct my speedometer for the bigger tires. The rear track bar and programmer are here. I still have the new wheels sitting in the living room.

I'm going to get the lift put on, then see how much lift I actually get before deciding on the tires.

My TJ should be done at the body shop this week! There is a 2" lift kit waiting for it at home.

I almost bought a 2015 Sahara 4-door yesterday in yellow with 15,000 miles. I still might pull the trigger, be strong Terry........

And people think guitars are expensive....... :wink:

Looks like you will be set up for some serious offroading. Will all that make the ride a bit rough for your daily work drive?

And people think guitars are expensive....... :wink:

Looks like you will be set up for some serious offroading. Will all that make the ride a bit rough for your daily work drive?
It shouldn't be too bad.

The lift I bought has dual rate springs, so it should still ride fairly soft on normal roads, but the stiffer spring rate kicks in on big bumps.

We'll find out for sure in a month or so.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

My TJ should be done at the body shop this week! There is a 2" lift kit waiting for it at home.

I almost bought a 2015 Sahara 4-door yesterday in yellow with 15,000 miles. I still might pull the trigger, be strong Terry........
2" on that should allow about 31" tires? Maybe 33"?

That'll look nice. There's a guy that parks in my building that drives a TJ with 31x10.5s and while it looks fairly stock, it's a great stance.

What color is the TJ going to be?

If you want a hand on the lift, let me know. I could be up for a road trip.

2" on that should allow about 31" tires? Maybe 33"?

That'll look nice. There's a guy that parks in my building that drives a TJ with 31x10.5s and while it looks fairly stock, it's a great stance.

What color is the TJ going to be?

If you want a hand on the lift, let me know. I could be up for a road trip.

I think we are going to go with 31's. I like the look of the lift, but I don't want to go too crazy.

We are keeping the color the same. We don't see too many in that color and Erin likes it so...

I will certainly take you up on any help your are offering. Luckily I have access to my friends body shop so we have all the tools and lifts available.

Last edited:
Nice. I'm planning to do mine with a friend from work on the floor of my mom's garage. It shouldn't be too bad, but having a lift would definitely make things easier.

Here's a guide no JK owner should be without. It helped a lot when I had my 2011.

Attachments

• JK_Water_Leaks_All_RS.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 188
Here's a guide no JK owner should be without. It helped a lot when I had my 2011.

I've actually got that saved already.

I really only have a very small leak at the bottom of my door seal. Water runs down the A pillar and seeps in at the bottom of the door. It's there because I added some aftermarket sill guards that just stick on, and don't let the rubber gasket on the door seal as well as it should.

Well, it also leaks a little at the bottom passenger side of the rear window, but that's because the zipper doesn't go all the way down, so there's about a 1 inch gap.

So, when it rains hard, I get a little puddle on top of the sub woofer, which is mounted in the rear passenger side panel.

Good thing the subs are fairly waterproof. :embarrassed:

Since I pulled the carpet and replaced it all with a vinyl type flooring, a few small water leaks don't really bother me. I can just wipe them up with a rag. I discovered the leak under the door when I removed the carpet, though. Pulled the passenger side carpet out, and it was soaked under the rubber floor mat. At least with the vinyl flooring, I can see the leaks and wipe them up, so the carpet isn't going to mold or mildew or anything.

I had a leak around the A pillar. The only way to keep it from puddling was to remove the plug. Otherwise I had 2" of standing water on the passenger side. A seal kit from Quadratec and that manual set it straight.

I had a leak around the A pillar. The only way to keep it from puddling was to remove the plug. Otherwise I had 2" of standing water on the passenger side. A seal kit from Quadratec and that manual set it straight.
Never had 2" of water.

I've had a small puddle, maybe 4-5 oz. tops.

Back