The search is over.

I just checked for my own curiosity. I have spent $2,190 with Quadratec to date, and I have an account. No coupon has ever been sent. :cry:

Since telling you that, I haven't gotten any either. Extreme Terrain sends one every few days, though.

Maybe I just get so many from Extreme Terrain that it seems like I get them from Quadratec too.

You guys ever check out TeraFlex? I don't know anything about Jeep stuff, but they have a good youtube channel. lol.

Since telling you that, I haven't gotten any either. Extreme Terrain sends one every few days, though.

Maybe I just get so many from Extreme Terrain that it seems like I get them from Quadratec too.
I have never used Extreme Terrain. I'll have to check them out.

I have never used Extreme Terrain. I'll have to check them out.

I've ordered a few things from them. No complaints.

Actually, we ordered my front bumper from Quadratec and they charged $100 shipping due to it being oversized. Then I had to go to the UPS freight yard to pick it up because their truck couldn't come all the way to my house.

We got Mrs. P's front bumper from Extreme Terrain. No shipping fee, and they brought it right to our front door.

My big stuff is still in my cart hoping for a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale.

I did receive two new keys/fobs, and made an appointment at the dealer to have them cut and programmed.

My Jeep only came with 1 key. Everyone knows I need at least 2. :embarrassed:

The key/fob cost $35 for two. Cutting and programming is going to be $65 per.

Last edited:
Got my keys cut and programmed today. $35 for two keys and fobs. Dealer charged $60 to cut and program both.

Also got scheduled for wiring recall for next week.

Oh, and I ordered my rear bumper and a couple of other things today. Bumper was $100 off and free shipping on everything.

Hmm...cheap keys...

Yes. Very cheap. But they look and feel just like the OEM key, and they work.

For now, anyway.

I was quoted $15 per key to cut and $50 per key to program, but they did both for $60 + tax.

Got them from remotesremotes.com.

It was a busy weekend bolting more stuff to the Jeep.

I replaced the inner gear shift boot because the old one was making a clicking noise in 2,4,6, and reverse.

Ripped out the carpet in the front and put in a heavy duty vinyl flooring that's textured like bed liner.

Installed a big, badass rear bumper and tire carrier.

I'll post pics at some point. Didn't take any today during assembly, and now it's dark.

Last edited:
Pics of the new hunk of metal on the back. The stock bumper was a hollow piece of plastic. I think the bolts holding it to the frame weighed more than the bumper itself.

Not so with this behemoth. I'd guess the combined weight of the bumper and tire carrier swing gate is probably pushing 200 lbs. :embarrassed:

The good news is that the Jeep sits pretty much level again!

I guess the next big stuff will be a lift, wheels, and tires.

Drivers Side View.jpg
Passenger Side View.jpg
Rear View.jpg

The spare tire carrier is height adjustable. I've got it at the lowest height it'll go now and still give me access to the hitch. This height gives me an unobstructed view out the rear window.

When I get the bigger tires and lift, I'll raise it up a few inches so I don't drag the spare on steep angles. This mount has the spare tire sticking out about 6" or more farther than the OEM spare tire mount. The swing gate does have racks built in for jerry cans and a high lift jack. It also has openings for rear mounted lights, which I'll get around to getting at some point.

I still need to run the wiring for the 3rd brake light.

Got the third brake light working today.

It took drilling, soldering multiple wires, heat shrink, and some creative routing, but the brake light works, and the wires aren't just zip tied to the tire carrier.

@Prages , that is STRONG.

ON a side note, got my kid's '99 Grand Cherokee through inspection for $806. New transmission crossmember, new front arm controls, new..................who the fuck knows. Guy said he would look the other way on the fuel tank cover (the shroud around the gas tank that is rotten out....)
Had it out in the snow today, and at 208K miles, still runs like a raped ape.

I actually really like this car.
It has a certain amount of "charm" in it's shit-box-ness.......it's a hot mess, but it just keeps wanting to go.

I ordered new wheels a couple of days ago. The Quadratec website said they were out of stock until February, but I got an email from Quadratec that they had just gotten an order in, and my wheels shipped yesterday. I was actually counting on them not shipping until February to give me more time to get funds built up, and possibly get closer to ordering my lift.

Oh well, they'll sit in boxes until I get the lift done and I'm ready to get the tires.

I went with wheels that look pretty much like stock Jeep Rubicon wheels, but they are 1" wider and have about 1" less back spacing. Stockers are 17x7.5" with 6.25" back spacing. These are 17"x8.5" with 5.2" back spacing and they are still hub-centric. These wheels should allow me to run up to 35"x12.5" tires without rubbing, though I still only plan to go up to about a 34"x11.5" or so tire.

They should look pretty nice once I get them mounted.

NewWheels.jpg

Last edited:
I plan to get a set of nice A/T tires for the new wheels, and I'll keep my stock wheels and hopefully get a set of dedicated pizza cutter snow tires for them before next winter. I will probably have to run spacers on the snow tires if I go with 34" snow tires, but I can get hub-centric spacers for less than $200.

God, even as a non-car guy I dig this thread. :embarrassed:
I've gone from spending discretionary cash on guitars, to spending it on Jeeps.

It's a sickness, really.

FWIW, Mrs. P loves these wheels, too, but she told me that I have to get my Jeep lifted and get new tires before getting her new wheels.

God, I love that woman!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Back