The search is over.

Got a call from UPS Freight today.

My bumper is in Charleston, but their truck can't get to my house, and the box won't fit in my Jeep.

I'm going to drive Mrs. P'S Jeep tomorrow and get my bumper from the warehouse.

I did get the winch today.

Awesome! How heavy is the winch? Mine actually made my truck ride better with the stiffer 4" lift front springs. lol.

Kinda nice to have a backup jeep with more cargo space!

The winch is probably 60-70 lbs. The shipping weight of the bumper was something like 150 lbs, but the guy at UPS said it didn't feel like it was that heavy.

And yeah, having a larger backup Jeep is definitely convenient!

Got a call from UPS Freight today.

My bumper is in Charleston, but their truck can't get to my house, and the box won't fit in my Jeep.

I'm going to drive Mrs. P'S Jeep tomorrow and get my bumper from the warehouse.

I did get the winch today.

Why can't they get to your house? You are not that far off the beaten path....

Why can't they get to your house? You are not that far off the beaten path....

Because UPS Freight doesn't deliver in regular UPS box trucks. They deliver in tractor trailers. He could have gotten to the house, but turning the rig around would have been nigh on impossible.

It's not that cold out yet that you can't take the top off, jam it in vertically and strap it to the roll bar, is it?

As long as I can get stuff to fit into the passenger seat area of my car...top down and it's on.

It's not that cold out yet that you can't take the top off, jam it in vertically and strap it to the roll bar, is it?

As long as I can get stuff to fit into the passenger seat area of my car...top down and it's on.

I thought about doing that, but figured it would just be easier to drive Mrs. P's Jeep today. With the back seats folded flat, there's almost 6 feet of cargo length in the back. The guy at UPS said the box was about 5 feet long.

If the box doesn't fit in there, I'll just take the bumper out of the box. I know I can get the bumper itself to fit.

And yeah, it's been at or above 90 degrees here most days. It's cooling off at night to the mid 50s, but it's still upper 80s and low 90s for daytime highs.

Obviously the UPS guy didn't use a tape measure. The bumper in the box was more like 6' long. I got it into Mrs. P's Jeep, but I had to use the Pythagorean Theorem to do it.

Obviously the UPS guy didn't use a tape measure. The bumper in the box was more like 6' long. I got it into Mrs. P's Jeep, but I had to use the Pythagorean Theorem to do it.

And you thought all that calculus would never be of any use....

I got the bumper home and unpacked.

I think Sunday will be installation day. Saturday is pretty booked up.

Mounted the bumper today.

Winch will have to wait until at least tomorrow. The winch plate requires countersunk winch mount bolts, but the winch came with regular old bolts.

Out with the old.
20160924_114411.jpg

20160924_121215.jpg

In with the new.

20160924_125145.jpg

20160924_171755.jpg

My factory fog lights are in the bumper, but they are so recessed you can't see them.

I'll clean it up and get better pics once the winch is mounted.

Back