The "Releasing a new independent album" checklist.

I did forget to post this here:

1601479_10152221339672425_1343336319_n.jpg

Very cool cover, Mark. You could have used this, and titled it Buy This Disc or Else!
1525100_10152214423187425_210288967_n.jpg

I don't think I'd do it again.
it was all well and good 15-20 years ago or whatever, but I'm far too much a homebody these days.
I dislike leaving the hosue for any reason, really.
the 2-3 days jaunts to teh city for one gig are more than enough for me, these days.

maybe if there was ridiculous money involved, I'd change my mind. :wink:

I'd recommend putting together a press release. Basically write up a few paragraphs mentioning everything you'd want an article or review to mention about you and the album. This way, any blog, site, newspaper, magazine, etc. will see it as some low-hanging fruit they can pick to keep content moving through.

I'd recommend putting together a press release. Basically write up a few paragraphs mentioning everything you'd want an article or review to mention about you and the album. This way, any blog, site, newspaper, magazine, etc. will see it as some low-hanging fruit they can pick to keep content moving through.
Thats definitely something I need to do. I just have no idea how to do it.

* goes off to Google *

ok. I suck at writing about myself:

Mark Wein is proud to announce the release of his first solo Blues album “Black Market Hearts”. Using Marks’ love of traditional Blues, Rock, Soul and New Orleans styles of music as a jumping-off point the 11 songs that Mark had written for “Black Market Hearts” were fleshed out and brought to life by Producer Scott Francisco, Bassist Martin Torres and Keyboard player Gary Pritchard with help from guest artists Tommy Harkenrider (James Harman, Lynwood Slim, Big J McNeely), Scheila Gonzalez (Zappa Plays Zappa) and Sean Billings (Brian Setzer Orchestra).

I know a couple guys that specializes in seo and Web presence marketing... Let me of you want their contact information

That's a start. Once you have a draft of all the facts you want to get across, you can pass it around to some friends to "soften" it up.

Here are some ideas to write about:
What albums have you worked on before?
Why did you decide to do this album?
What do you hope to do with this album?
Are you going to perform the songs at shows around OC?
Mention Premier Music and the book.
Do you want to mention any specific influences?
Where will people be able to buy it?

And there's a lot more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Will there be a limited edition vinyl? You could always take it to the local Indy record stores, every time I am in those places kids are buying up any blues albums they can get their hands on.

That's a start. Once you have a draft of all the facts you want to get across, you can pass it around to some friends to "soften" it up.

Here are some ideas to write about:
What albums have you worked on before?
Why did you decide to do this album?
What do you hope to do with this album?
Are you going to perform the songs at shows around OC?
Mention Premier Music and the book.
Do you want to mention any specific influences?
Where will people be able to buy it?

And there's a lot more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Thanks! I'll work on that this afternoon....this is definitely one of my weak spots....
Will there be a limited edition vinyl? You could always take it to the local Indy record stores, every time I am in those places kids are buying up any blues albums they can get their hands on.

At this point, no...I barely have the money to get the CD itself finished :(

Back