The "Recording fest for those guys who have done this before" REVEAL!

Finally got around to listening to all of these. The talent level here is just amazing.

The Last Time - Like I said on HC, I really like this one. I especially like how the guitars aren't necessarily holding down the chord progression, yet they seem to tie in perfectly. With some refinement, this one will be very, very good.

Better Days - Another great song. Production is outstanding. I liked this one the first time I heard it, but it's actually grown on me even more with repeated listens. It's just a great song.

As Always - I really, really like this one. This one may be one of my favorites I've heard from you, and that's saying a lot.

The Trooper - You did a great job on the music. Maybe one of these days I'll redo the vocals (sober this time) and try to get them a little better.

5s - Very nice song. Your stuff really reminds me of Collective Soul, and I like Collective Soul, so that's a good thing.

Fire On High - I really like this one a lot too. The mix has an out of phase type sound to me, and kind of swirls around inside my head. I don't know if you did that on purpose or not, but it's an interesting effect. However, it kind of makes my ears feel funky after a while. I really like the song though, and other than the phasey thing, the production is really good.

Tamoore - Nice change of direction from you. Nice story telling, and of course, very well performed and recorded.

Out Of Time - It's hard to believe this is the first song you've ever written and recorded. It's a really good song and sounds great.

Don't Think Twice It's Alright - I really do like your playing and singing style. Very good job.

Farewell Angelina - I really do like your Irish Folksy stuff. Very well done.

Girl From the North Country - See above. :embarrassed:

Prages, thanks for your comments, I really appreciate the feedback. As for Fire On High, the swirly effect was more a case of "I don't know what the fack I'm doing so I'll just twiddle this knob and hope for the best". It's quite apparent that it was the first recorded thing I've actually finished. I've tried going back and re-recording guitar parts and taking stuff out or down, but it really needs redoing from scratch.

micwalt, thanks for your feedback too. I'd like to mix the vocals a little hotter too, but all I'd end up doing is amplifying shite. I just try to "shovel it under the carpet" and hope noone notices too much.

Finally got around to listening to all of these. The talent level here is just amazing.

The Last Time - Like I said on HC, I really like this one. I especially like how the guitars aren't necessarily holding down the chord progression, yet they seem to tie in perfectly. With some refinement, this one will be very, very good.

Thanks!

We are discussing a Felt reunion this summer (10 years :facepalm:) so maybe this one will get the full band treatment...

Better Days - Another great song. Production is outstanding. I liked this one the first time I heard it, but it's actually grown on me even more with repeated listens. It's just a great song.

As Always - I really, really like this one. This one may be one of my favorites I've heard from you, and that's saying a lot.

The Trooper - You did a great job on the music. Maybe one of these days I'll redo the vocals (sober this time) and try to get them a little better.

5s - Very nice song. Your stuff really reminds me of Collective Soul, and I like Collective Soul, so that's a good thing.

Fire On High - I really like this one a lot too. The mix has an out of phase type sound to me, and kind of swirls around inside my head. I don't know if you did that on purpose or not, but it's an interesting effect. However, it kind of makes my ears feel funky after a while. I really like the song though, and other than the phasey thing, the production is really good.

Tamoore - Nice change of direction from you. Nice story telling, and of course, very well performed and recorded.

Out Of Time - It's hard to believe this is the first song you've ever written and recorded. It's a really good song and sounds great.

Don't Think Twice It's Alright - I really do like your playing and singing style. Very good job.

Farewell Angelina - I really do like your Irish Folksy stuff. Very well done.

Girl From the North Country - See above. :embarrassed:

Thanks dawg.

Back