The PRS S2 Singlecut Standard vs The Godin Core CT

PRS or Godin

• Total voters

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
Poll above. 2 enter, 1 leaves. No other candidates will be considered.

S2011955-front-large.jpg

godin-core-ct-p90-blk-full-front.jpg

I would be interested in trying the Godin out. Right off the bat I would say PRS. That is dead sexy and probably plays like butter.

If you're asking about those two EXACT models (finish and all), I gotta go Godin - the gloss black top over the stained wood back is killer, plus I have been quite the pro-Godin guy of late.

That PRS for whatever reason slaps a Starla-looking pickguard on there, and IMO looks horrible in comparison to the rest of the body. There are other Singlecuts (even the S2 versions) that I would choose over that one.

I've never played a Godin, so I can't really vote. I will say in this post that the PRS would be a fine player. I have found that I really like the 25" scale.

That PRS for whatever reason slaps a Starla-looking pickguard on there, and IMO looks horrible in comparison to the rest of the body. There are other Singlecuts (even the S2 versions) that I would choose over that one.

It did start out as a Starla. Gave it a hardtail and changed the pickups though. I like the simplicity.

And yes, these two specific models and colors.

Of course I would go with the Godin and that PRS looks as bad as those Ovation Electrics from the early 70's

ScottGrove70sOvationViper3IIIGroovy.jpg

There's something about the PRS SC shape that turns me off... Dunno why cuz I love their standard doublecut shape.

There's something about the PRS SC shape that turns me off... Dunno why cuz I love their standard doublecut shape.

Having a Standard 24 would makes sense as my main guitar is a Custom 24. But I want this one to be a hardtail, and don't want to fuss with blocking the vibrato. I also know I will absolutely have to change the pickups on the Standard 24, so there's no point.

Having a Standard 24 would makes sense as my main guitar is a Custom 24. But I want this one to be a hardtail, and don't want to fuss with blocking the vibrato. I also know I will absolutely have to change the pickups on the Standard 24, so there's no point.
upload_2015-7-25_11-30-33.png

The finish and the lack of birds n the PRS had me thinking in that direction, but the Godin still gets my vote.
I like the finish and I think I would prefer that bridge.

Godin all the way.

I've owned (and still own) multiple products of theirs, and I've never been disappointed.

I also like the fact that they are genuine innovators, which is rare among guitar companies.

In addition, of your options, it's better-looking, classier, less ubiquitous, has P90s, etc.

Perhaps most importantly, Godin is a company that doesn't do bird inlays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tig
Back