The Price Of Drive Pedals Is Heading North!

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
So I visited my local GC yesterday and as always need to see the used gear. As I peered into the glass case I couldn't believe my eyes...

MIJ OD-1.JPG

Unfreakin' Believable!!!!

Yeah. I think most people with a clue about electronics would agree it's silly.

I also suspect it will continue and maybe intensify.

I clearly remember in the 80s everybody talked about how the 70s Fenders were terrible and almost killed the company. Now 70s Fenders go for big bucks.

Every time I've owned a pedal that old it's died at an inopportune time. WIth so many new pedals out there that sound as good or better than the old stuff to me its not worth buying things like this.

Every time I've owned a pedal that old it's died at an inopportune time. WIth so many new pedals out there that sound as good or better than the old stuff to me its not worth buying things like this.

Some of the pedals I've owned that were that old never died.

Which, given how they sounded, probably qualifies as an "inopportune time". :)

It would be one thing if it was a long discontinued pedal but THEY STILL MAKE THE SAME EXACT DAMN PEDAL!

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

This is also my theory on amps. Out of the 10 or so amps I own right now, the two that don't work? Late-60's/early 70's Fenders.

That one is a little high for sure, but they do sell for a good chunk of change now! They are not going to be going down anytime soon regardless. Out of my price range, but I would rather spend that kind of money on one of them then on a new boutique dirt box that costs the same. If it was EHX I might be concerned about it being old and not working. With Boss it is never something I worry about. Have not a had one fail on me in the 28 years I have been playing and I am sure they will outlast me on this earth.

Back