The Prages Jeep Wrangler Search Thread

cec-wheels-jeep-wrangler-4.jpg

I have always liked the Saharas..kinda the poor mans Hummer.

I had a 77 Toyota Landcruiser very similar to this one but Red.
sexy-land-cruiser.jpg

..two door, wein (!) pulley etc. Sucker beat you death while driving. Decided then it was the longer wheelbase for me. Got A Grand Cherokee w/ 5-speed and had a blast.

http://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/cto/5370829678.html

View attachment 24936

I finally got to look at this one today.

I'm torn. On one hand, I can get it for $5500. It has 86,000 miles on it, and there is no rust on the frame or body. It has new brakes, new clutch, new plugs and wires, and runs great.

On the bad side, those pictures are a few years old. It needs tires and a windshield, plus a new front turn signal.

It also doesn't have cruise control or a/c.

I dint know what to do with this one.

I've been texting back and forth with the guy. I offered him $5000 and he wouldn't come down any more than $5500.

Part of me says that it's a good deal, but part of me says I can just spend a few thousand more and get nice Jeep that doesn't need much right away.

So, I told him I was going to pass on it.

I think I'll be looking at this one tomorrow.

It needs a hood and the windshield is cracked. It looks like it's a bare bones interior, which I'm fine with. Guy said he was somewhat negotiable on price.

We'll see.

http://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/cto/5370829678.html

View attachment 24936

This guy just texted me to say the Jeep was still for sale. He's down to $5250.

It needs tires and a windshield to pass inspection. Need a hood and fender and paint to look good, and the interior is missing a bunch of trim.

It also doesn't have cruise control or a/c (I know, it's a Jeep).

Still, it is a solid Jeep with no rust on the tub or frame, a new clutch, water pump, plugs and wires, wheel bearing, and it only has 86,000 miles.

I'm tempted, but not completely sold.

This guy just texted me to say the Jeep was still for sale. He's down to $5250.

It needs tires and a windshield to pass inspection. Need a hood and fender and paint to look good, and the interior is missing a bunch of trim.

It also doesn't have cruise control or a/c (I know, it's a Jeep).

Still, it is a solid Jeep with no rust on the tub or frame, a new clutch, water pump, plugs and wires, wheel bearing, and it only has 86,000 miles.

I'm tempted, but not completely sold.

That seems kind of high for that condition.
I know they retain their value, and after-market parts are readily available, AND you buy a Jeep pretty much to tinker with it, but if the trim level/accompanyments aren't factory what you want, you'll never be happy with it.

86,000 miles isn't that low. If it needs a windshield, fender, paint and the interior has been torn apart, you know it has been beat on out in the woods.
Tires? What's that gonna run you? Best part of $1000, I'd wager.

Pass.

If it was easy to fix, wouldn't the guy already have done it?

That's how I look at all those Craigslist ads that say "All it needs is a _________".
Well then, fucking fix it (or get it fixed) and get back to me.

There's always shit they're hiding and don't want to tell you.

You'd be better off standing your ground. Me? I'd pull the $5K offer off the table, but you know what you're doing.

On one hand, you WANT to fuck with it, but on the OTHER hand you don't want to spend your time hunting down factory trim parts, etc.....just to make it whole, and then the trim level (Air Conditioning) will never be what you want it to be.

The vehicle you're looking for is out there. Patience, young Jedi.

That seems kind of high for that condition.
I know they retain their value, and after-market parts are readily available, AND you buy a Jeep pretty much to tinker with it, but if the trim level/accompanyments aren't factory what you want, you'll never be happy with it.

86,000 miles isn't that low. If it needs a windshield, fender, paint and the interior has been torn apart, you know it has been beat on out in the woods.

Pass.
If it was easy to fix, wouldn't the guy already have done it?

That's how I look at all those Craigslist ads that say "All it needs is a _________".
Well then, fucking fix it (or get it fixed) and get back to me.

There's always shit they're hiding and don't want to tell you.

You'd be better off standing your ground. Me? I'd pull the $5K offer off the table, but you know what you're doing.

On one hand, you WANT to fuck with it, but on the OTHER hand you don't want to spend your time hunting down factory trim parts, etc.....just to make it whole, and then the trim level (Air Conditioning) will never be what you want it to be.

The vehicle you're looking for is out there. Patience, young Jedi.

That's pretty much my stance.

If it had factory cruise and a/c, I'd probably jump on it.

It is a very solid Jeep.

The hood has flipped back while driving and dented the hood and cracked the windshield, and the fender has bumped something.

The interior has had the floor liner gutted and bed lined, and the liner has peeled away, and there is no center console, shift boot, or kick panel under the steering wheel.

I'm thinking it'll take at least $3000 to make it a "nice" Jeep, and then I'm still stuck with no cruise or a/c.

On the other hand, I recently saw a 2004 model that was perfect with 72,000 miles with a 6 cyl, 5 speed manual, cruise, a/c, and a hard top for $10,200 asking price. I haven't called about it because it's over $10k.

Still, it is a really nice Jeep without needing any work. It even had new tires.

It was yellow, but a yellow Jeep with black hardware is pretty badass, IMO.

I'd try and deal on the '04. I can live with no cruise control,but a/c is a must.

I paid $15k for an '05 4 years ago. It did only have 36k miles though.

Back