The Prages Jeep Wrangler Search Thread

Prages

User Error
You guys know I've been looking for a Jeep for a while. I've gone to look at a few, and they've all left me underwhelmed. Here's a thread for my endeavors.

You may remember a few weeks ago I looked at this one. 43k on the clock, but it had been towed behind a camper for several thousand miles, and the frame was rusted out a bit, and both pinion seals were leaking. Asking price: $11,000.

00z0z_97pTRy71JhM_600x450.jpg

Today, I looked at this. 144k miles. Asking price was $7500. It was a complete rust bucket. Frame had been patched on one side, needed patched on the other side, and both front fenders were rusted out. Plus, the driver's seat was trashed.

Plus, it was a Sport with a Rubicon decal. Not a real Rubicon.

00T0T_44cJDGezMjV_600x450.jpg

The search continues.

Last edited:
Good luck! $7500 for 130K seems a bit steep to me, but from what you are showing that would appear to be par for the course.

I ran across a super sweet cj 5 that I was going to tell you about but I didn't think you were looking for something as old as '77. It was pretty killer though.

If the seller is in Massachusetts and is named Ritzer...

DON'T BUY IT.

My inlaws are hell on Jeeps.

I'd like one myself, but not for off-roading; just to get to work in the winter.

I'd even take a YJ in great shape for the right price. YJ is probably my last resort, though.

Not really. I was planning to look at one the day dad died, but well, that didn't happen. I'm still looking on Craigslist almost everyday, but haven't really found anything that I must have.

The one I was going to look at is still for sale, but it has a rebuilt title, so I'm not really that interested.

01111_3ExgfuTyveE_600x450.jpg

Local Craigslist (Madison Wis.)

"LOW MILEAGE" 68,000 Original miles!!!
Yes!! V8 Chevy 383 stroker engine and 700R4!!
NO RUST!!! IT'S ORIGINALLY FROM VIRGINIA
This jeep is very nice and it's put together well.
4" superlift coils with Rancho control arms and shocks. It runs good and drives straight down the road.
The interior is Brownish tan and shows almost no wear.
The Jeep has not seen salt or been driven in the winter ever...NO RUST!!!!
It's getting very hard to find a TJ without any rust .. this is a low mileage no rust Jeep that has a carburated chevy engine that anyone can fix... very dependable combination!
Serious inquiries only! NO JOY RIDES!!
I have it put away for the winter and will meet prior to showing it.
No Scammers! No tire kickers.
I don't need help selling it.
I will only respond to emails that include your name and phone number.
I have four other Jeeps so I might consider cash plus another Jeep Wrangler TJ
$8995 This is basically a out of season price for the Jeep It's worth a lot more in the spring so if it's not gone in a week or so It will be re listed in the spring.
Don't even think about wasting your time and mine with stupid offers. ..they will be ignored!

01111_3ExgfuTyveE_600x450.jpg

Local Craigslist (Madison Wis.)

"LOW MILEAGE" 68,000 Original miles!!!
Yes!! V8 Chevy 383 stroker engine and 700R4!!
NO RUST!!! IT'S ORIGINALLY FROM VIRGINIA
This jeep is very nice and it's put together well.
4" superlift coils with Rancho control arms and shocks. It runs good and drives straight down the road.
The interior is Brownish tan and shows almost no wear.
The Jeep has not seen salt or been driven in the winter ever...NO RUST!!!!
It's getting very hard to find a TJ without any rust .. this is a low mileage no rust Jeep that has a carburated chevy engine that anyone can fix... very dependable combination!
Serious inquiries only! NO JOY RIDES!!
I have it put away for the winter and will meet prior to showing it.
No Scammers! No tire kickers.
I don't need help selling it.
I will only respond to emails that include your name and phone number.
I have four other Jeeps so I might consider cash plus another Jeep Wrangler TJ
$8995 This is basically a out of season price for the Jeep It's worth a lot more in the spring so if it's not gone in a week or so It will be re listed in the spring.
Don't even think about wasting your time and mine with stupid offers. ..they will be ignored!

That looks nice, but I really don't want one that somebody has swapped in a V8. You just never know if the person who did the swap knew, or cared, what they were doing.

My friends dad might be selling his '91 Jeep with a 4.0 HO. It has a bit under 130k n it. It is in Denver. I can get pics next week.

My friends dad might be selling his '91 Jeep with a 4.0 HO. It has a bit under 130k n it. It is in Denver. I can get pics next week.

That's alright. Thanks though.

I've almost decided that I'm just going to hold off for another year or so and build up some more funds.

Back