The plot thickens.....(Exploder content)

Coralkong

Alien
So, I am cruising Craigslist for a truck.....

And there it is. A '99 Ford Explorer Limited, identical to the one I just had (except this one is a V8, mine was a V6), with......235,000 miles on it for $2K. Same color, same wheels, same interior. Identical except for the engine.

Only thing wrong with it is the AC doesn't work (which I fixed on mine with some refrigerant), and the driver's heated seat doesn't work (mine didn't work either!).

Huh.

Hmmmmmm.......well, I mean.....I KNOW exactly how many miles I would get out if, right? 297,613.

I'd buy another Explorer again in a heartbeat. (only the pre-unibody one though). I really wish I'd bought another Explorer instead of the Blazer, but oh well.

The '93 Expo I had is still going strong. I sold it to my parents' neighbor back in 2003 or 2004 with 189k miles on it. He paid maybe $1800 for it. He's been driving it ever since. Of course, he may have replaced the engine and transmission in the last 10 years, I'm not sure.

It is tempting......

I still have a couple of weeks to decide, though.

I really did love the old Explorer. It was excellent in the snow, and was built like a tank.

I just checked and there are a slew of MY ~2000 Explorers on our craigslist in that $2,000-3,500 range with a hell of a lot less miles. Come visit your Dad over the weekend and take one home.

So, I am cruising Craigslist for a truck.....

...identical to the one I just had (except this one is a V8, mine was a V6), with......235,000 miles on it for

Hmmmmmm.......well, I mean.....I KNOW exactly how many miles I would get out if, right? 297,613.

It's got the 5.0 (302) Windsor, probably with roller rockers (GT40 heads). If that engine is in good shape, it could go a long way.

Last edited:
Back