Dig it! The Perpetual Pedalboard of the Day Thread

I've been looking to put a reverb pedal on my board, but the built in reverb on my amp is so, so good, that a pedal would be mostly redundant. I would love something with a good Particle Reverb setting because I do miss having that from my HD 500 and I used it pretty frequently. Not sure I want to spend two or more Benjamins for just that one sound though and I've not seen anything in the reasonable $100-150 range that has a Particle Verb.

Totally open to ideas though.

I've been looking to put a reverb pedal on my board, but the built in reverb on my amp is so, so good, that a pedal would be mostly redundant. I would love something with a good Particle Reverb setting because I do miss having that from my HD 500 and I used it pretty frequently. Not sure I want to spend two or more Benjamins for just that one sound though and I've not seen anything in the reasonable $100-150 range that has a Particle Verb.

Totally open to ideas though.
Maybe check out a used Afterneath.

It's funny, for what would seem like such a simple effect, reverb has proven to be the most elusive for me....I just can't find "the one". (Without spending a fortune). Lol
After owning the Strymon Blue Sky, Hall of Fame, Holy Grail, Boss RV2 and the Boss Fender tank pedal as well as a Van Amps Sole Mate I can say with quite a bit of conviction that the MXR reverb is the shit. I'm very happy with it.

I just watched a Pro Guitar Shop video of the pedal....that thing kills!! Wow.
And Andy always does a great job with the gear.

Here it is today. Not sure if the chorus is staying and I still want a good reverb only pedal (probably the MXR) but a new pickup for my JM equipped guitar is the next priority.

IMG_4118.JPG

Edit: My $50 Boneshaker will be here tomorrow, so that will probably go on for a bit as well.

Here it is today. Not sure if the chorus is staying and I still want a good reverb only pedal (probably the MXR) but a new pickup for my JM equipped guitar is the next priority.

View attachment 34598

Edit: My $50 Boneshaker will be here tomorrow, so that will probably go on for a bit as well.

Have you tried setting up the Mirror Ball as a chorus?

Turn the time and repeats down almost to zero, and play with the speed, depth, and mix knobs. It'll be kinda like the Keeley 30ms.

Gotcha, I've done that before.. I thought it had some kind of hold the switch down when you plug in the power to activate a secret mode or a dip switch inside. Even though I'm not in a band, I tend to find a setting and leave it. The Micro Chorus is kinda cool in that if you set the depth and speed at noon, it's almost like an EP Booster. There is a little boost in signal when engaged and you can hear there is a tonal difference, but it doesn't really sound like a chorus, it just adds a little something.

Gotcha, I've done that before.. I thought it had some kind of hold the switch down when you plug in the power to activate a secret mode or a dip switch inside. Even though I'm not in a band, I tend to find a setting and leave it. The Micro Chorus is kinda cool in that if you set the depth and speed at noon, it's almost like an EP Booster. There is a little boost in signal when engaged and you can hear there is a tonal difference, but it doesn't really sound like a chorus, it just adds a little something.

I've been looking for stuff to sell so I can get the DOD Rubberneck. I was hoping it would replace my Jacques Prisoner delay, which starts at like 8ms or something ridiculous. But it starts at 30ms, and that's just too much to get the chorus/doubler thing going on. That said, I might go for an Eventide Timefactor or something that's got a Space Echo preset.

Back