Dig it! The Perpetual Pedalboard of the Day Thread

Here is my Barnstorm monstrosity. I will scale this back once that is over. I think I can get by with only 1 Muff:grin:
IMG_3485.JPG

Just put this together...

This board is set up for my Jet City 20, and is probably going to Barnstorm...the Crayon is new and has an insane amount of gain on tap... @Help!I'maRock! suggested combining the Soul Food with the Crayon and he was absolutely right about them...the Soul Food and Holy Grail had to be put on a separate power supply from the others to eliminate a lot of noise...

And yes Howie, that is my HotTubes...it pairs up really well with this amp, sounds like crap with my others...

Last edited:

This board is set up for my Jet City 20, and is probably going to Barnstorm...the Crayon is new and has an insane amount of gain on tap... @Help!I'maRock! suggested combining the Soul Food with the Crayon when he was absolutely right about them...the Soul Food and Holy Trail had to be put on a separate power supply from the others to eliminate a lot of noise...

And yes Howie, that is my HotTubes...it pairs up really well with this amp, sounds like crap with my others...
Are you endorsed by electro harmonix???....lol

This board is set up for my Jet City 20, and is probably going to Barnstorm...the Crayon is new and has an insane amount of gain on tap... @Help!I'maRock! suggested combining the Soul Food with the Crayon and he was absolutely right about them...the Soul Food and Holy Grail had to be put on a separate power supply from the others to eliminate a lot of noise...

I hope that board makes it to barnstorm. I want to hear the delay and reverb most but I want to here the others too. The only EHX pedals I have owned were the Soul Food, which I liked, I just had a couple other pedals that did that sound that I liked better and one of the chorus pedals. The chorus pedal sounded good but it was really noisy.

I hope that board makes it to barnstorm. I want to hear the delay and reverb most but I want to here the others too. The only EHX pedals I have owned were the Soul Food, which I liked, I just had a couple other pedals that did that sound that I liked better and one of the chorus pedals. The chorus pedal sounded good but it was really noisy.
You have to be careful how you power them...both of my Holy Grail reverbs (neo and nano) need to be on isolated power or they hiss like crazy...the Soul Food has a constant high pitch squeal unless it's isolated...the Grail and Soul Food are ok chained together though, so go figure...

You have to be careful how you power them...both of my Holy Grail reverse (neo and nano) need to be on isolated power or they hiss like crazy...the Soul Food has a constant high pitch squeal unless it's isolated...the Grail and Soul Food are ok chained together though, so go figure...

I only use isolated power so I'm good there. The chorus I had was so long ago, I don't remember what I was using. Probably just a battery.

I only use isolated power so I'm good there. The chorus I had was so long ago, I don't remember what I was using. Probably just a battery.
I'm using my One Spot and an ehx 9.6 volt to power this one...I may switch them out for my pedal power brick, haven't decided yet, but the brick is on my bigger board that I use with the Ibanez TS15...I also need to switch out the patch cables for pedal cranks...

Pedal boards are never really finished, are they?:grin:

I'm using my One Spot and an ehx 9.6 volt to power this one...I may switch them out for my pedal power brick, haven't decided yet, but the brick is on my bigger board that I use with the Ibanez TS15...I also need to switch out the patch cables for pedal cranks...

Pedal boards are never really finished, are they?:grin:

Mine has completely finished about 10 times this year :grin:

I didn't really suggest it. I said that someone on another board suggested it.

I also learned that the Crayon is a BB Preamp clone, and the topology is a Tubescreamer boosting a Marshall Shredmaster.

Back