The parts start rolling in... Now NGD

Very nice. Kind of surprised that a 6" drop caused that chip, but that's how it goes I guess.

I was too. I didn't even look at the body when I saw it on the floor. It was also wrapped in that white padding they ship in. It did land on a concrete floor, but still.

I think the last time I used a neck pickup was in the band I was in that broke up in '96. I used it for one part of one song. One night at a gig, I forgot to flip to the neck pickup for that part and nobody noticed. I've haven't gone back to it since so I think I am fine not having one :grin:

Lol, you're in good company. Haas never uses the neck pickup or tone controls. :shrug:

Nice, HNGD! I know it was said somewhere in this thread, but where did you get that neck?

And don't sweat that chip, it's the first of many to come. :wink:

Edit: What is something clever that you could put in the switch slot....hmmm....

Nice, HNGD! I know it was said somewhere in this thread, but where did you get that neck?

And don't sweat that chip, it's the first of many to come. :wink:

Edit: What is something clever that you could put in the switch slot....hmmm....

The neck and body are both from Warmoth.

In my black Tele, I have a switch in the slot, but it isn't hooked up. I had a Tele switch in my parts box for that one, but I didn't have a second one.

In my black Tele, I have a switch in the slot, but it isn't hooked up. I had a Tele switch in my parts box for that one, but I didn't have a second one.
I was thinking something besides a switch, but not coming up with much. What comes out of slots that would look good on a guitar? Maybe a coin or card or something? I dunno... :shrug:

Edit: You could put a pack of rolling papers behind it, so it'd be a paper dispenser, lol.

You could get fancy and split the humbucker, then do the Eldred 'cocked wah' mod. That'll fill up a switch.

I'm looking for a 5 way switch and scheme for my Tele. I want Neck-Neck/Bridge series-Neck/Bridge parallel-Bridge-Eldred Bridge

Did you reshape the headstock, or did it come that way? I thought Warmoth was authorized to use the Fender headstocks, at least it seems like most on their website are that way.

Did you reshape the headstock, or did it come that way? I thought Warmoth was authorized to use the Fender headstocks, at least it seems like most on their website are that way.

This is a 7/8 Tele, so it's 24.75" scale instead of 25.5". The 7/8 necks only come with Warmoth's "Warhead" headstock. I think you can get a 25.5" neck with the Warhead shape.

First look at the thread: HNGD. Looks really hot (I'm a blue, tort and reverse headstock fan).

On the gripping hand, I would have dropped a hot hidden neck pup in there because the only time I'm ever all-bridge is under high gain. But even so, that's super sweet, man. Happy playing!

First look at the thread: HNGD. Looks really hot (I'm a blue, tort and reverse headstock fan).

On the gripping hand, I would have dropped a hot hidden neck pup in there because the only time I'm ever all-bridge is under high gain. But even so, that's super sweet, man. Happy playing!

Something to consider. This is a 24.75" scale with a 24 fret neck. A neck pickup in this thing would be more of a middle pickup. You wouldn't have a traditional neck pickup tone from it.

Back