The parts start rolling in... Now NGD

Chad

Slender Hobbit
IMG_4225.JPG

I didn't need a new guitar, but this is what browsing the Warmoth screaming deals section will get you. How can you pass up a painted body, in one of your favorite colors for $156?

New Tele parts...to update a current guitar or for a new guitar?

New build. It is going to be a while. The body arrives tomorrow, but I just ordered the custom neck from Warmoth yesterday. I should have everything but the neck and pickup by early next week. I haven't ordered the pickup yet, but Curtis only takes about a week to get it to you, so with the neck being 4 to 5 weeks out, I'm in no rush to order the pickup.

New build. It is going to be a while. The body arrives tomorrow, but I just ordered the custom neck from Warmoth yesterday. I should have everything but the neck and pickup by early next week. I haven't ordered the pickup yet, but Curtis only takes about a week to get it to you, so with the neck being 4 to 5 weeks out, I'm in no rush to order the pickup.

coo

Are you actually building an Esquire, or are you gonna leave the switch off completely?

My other one has a switch because I had a switch in my parts box. It isn't hooked up, so this one won't have a switch, because I don't have one :grin:

Maybe I'll get crazy and hook up the switch in my existing one and put one in the new one, but I built an Esquire with the switch a while back and never used the switch, so why bother :embarrassed:

My other one has a switch because I had a switch in my parts box. It isn't hooked up, so this one won't have a switch, because I don't have one :grin:

Maybe I'll get crazy and hook up the switch in my existing one and put one in the new one, but I built an Esquire with the switch a while back and never used the switch, so why bother :embarrassed:

:thu:

Least you least you started with a body before committing. I've built a tele after finding a neck plate.

Just kidding, but not far off.

Pics of the body?

As soon as UPS drops it off tomorrow, I'll post pics.

I can't wait to see this build progress....
I'm starting to Jones to build my first as well.
I want to do a Charvel type...

I can't wait to see this build progress....
I'm starting to Jones to build my first as well.
I want to do a Charvel type...

Warmoth stuff is a bit more expensive, but its quality is very good and the pieces will fit. I've used others in the past, and sometimes the neck holes don't line up, or you need to shave a bit from the neck pocket. You'll never need to to that with Warmoth stuff.

The only issue I've ever had was I didn't get a neck finished by them (this was back before roasted maple, that doesn't need to be finished at all) and it need a little fret work when I got it. It did travel across the country on a ups truck, so the wood did go through some serious weather shifts. They also told me that could happen if I didn't get it finished when I called in the order.

Back