The other side of Craigslist.

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
We've discussed how people don't respond to ads; I just had an opposite experience. A new post was made with an item I really want at a reasonable price. I text as indicated, stating that I definitely want the item at the listed price; almost 24 hours later, no response. The ad is still up, but not a mumbling word. :confused:

I definitely want the item at the listed price;

Those are words commonly used in scam attempts.

I'll bet the seller is waiting for the "I will send you more than you are asking to cover shipping but I will send my agent to pick up the item. Give my agent the extra money so they may expedite shipping gloriously."

Those are words commonly used in scam attempts.

I'll bet the seller is waiting for the "I will send you more than you are asking to cover shipping but I will send my agent to pick up the item. Give my agent the extra money so they may expedite shipping gloriously."
Good thought, I just texted again with my name and location, maybe that will help.

There are people who only have occasional access to the internet or windows of time to respond to emails....yeah, it would be nice if they disclosed that in their listing but often don't mention it until they get back to you days later.

After texting again with my name and location, I did get a reply. He has someone coming tonight, but if it doesn't sell he'll get in touch and sell it to me. :grin:
00U0U_ljY7ajeLKPO_1200x900.jpg

Stellar brand. $75 with hard case. :embarrassed:

I haven't heard anything, so I am assuming it sold. :(

Oh well, it isn't like I needed it; it was just too good a deal to not try for.

Always include a phone number if you want a response. It also helps to send your response as a text message if that’s what the seller listed in the ad.

Back