The official SKYRIM thread!

I will say it's a lot more challenging than my normal play style, but it's also faster. Sneaking around an encampment trying to pick off enemies one by one is effective, but slow. Here I can rush in, bash a couple of guys and thin the ranks quickly, but since blocking is practically non-existent and you can't have a heal spell active at the same time it's pretty easy to get your dick knocked in the dirt if you're not careful.

Two-handed against dragons (Level 10, Master difficulty) is just frustrating.

Yeah man. I had a dragon fight last close to 30 minutes early on playing master level. I was screaming for a giant to take the heat off me or something. Bear, bandits, I didn't care. I needed some relief!

Sent from The Nether

I played for about an hour before work... cleared two bandit hideouts and made it to Chillwind Basin. Tonite the hunt for the Burning Soul dealie is on.

Only bad thing about fiery soul trap is the fire aspect doesn't scale. Only the seconds before death on the soul trap part does. It becomes useless fairly quick. I did a bow with it and then my great sword with pure fire so I could get 25 points of burn effect.
Burn! Burn! Yeah!

Sent from The Nether

Only bad thing about fiery soul trap is the fire aspect doesn't scale. Only the seconds before death on the soul trap part does. It becomes useless fairly quick. I did a bow with it and then my great sword with pure fire so I could get 25 points of burn effect.
Burn! Burn! Yeah!

Sent from The Nether

Yeah, the fire damage will stay at 10 points, but screw it...since the damage is cumulative with other enchantments, I see it as a free 10 point bonus.

Like I said in an earlier post, I enchant every weapon I own with Soul Trap so that I have the Black Star filled at all times.

I'm just starting a new one. :embarrassed:

I'm thinking Nord, two-handed beast.

Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana donkey show.

I'm starting brand new tonight...I don't like the way I handled the last character I did. I felt like I was rushing everything, instead of taking my time.

The one thing about this game that I hate with a passion is how soul gems are filled. You can find gems everywhere. Problem is, the bigger ones usually get filled first. And usually not to their full capacity either. Seems that most of the time I'll have a petty soul trapped in a grand gem. What a waste.

The one thing about this game that I hate with a passion is how soul gems are filled. You can find gems everywhere. Problem is, the bigger ones usually get filled first. And usually not to their full capacity either. Seems that most of the time I'll have a petty soul trapped in a grand gem. What a waste.

Not at all...drop a partially-filled Soul Gem from your inventory so that it hits the ground (ie: a Grand Soul Gem that has a Common Soul trapped in it, or a Common Soul Gem filled with a Petty soul, or whatever). Once it hits the ground, it empties the soul gem, and it can be picked back up and re-filled. This way, you don't have to waste the more valuable ones (Grand, Black, Greater) when they're only half-filled.

Soul Gems that are filled with the correct sized soul will not empty if they hit the ground; if you happen to drop a Grand Soul Gem that has a Grand Soul, it will remain filled.

Last edited:
Not at all...drop a partially-filled Soul Gem from your inventory so that it hits the ground (ie: a Grand Soul Gem that has a Common Soul trapped in it, or a Common Soul Gem filled with a Petty soul, or whatever). Once it hits the ground, it empties the soul gem, and it can be re-used.

Soul Gems that are filled with the correct sized soul will not empty if they hit the ground; if you happen to drop a Grand Soul Gem that has a Grand Soul, it will remain filled.

I could have used that tip about 500+ hours ago. Thanks. :tongue:

Sent from The Nether

I could have used that tip about 500+ hours ago. Thanks. :tongue:

Sent from The Nether

I feel your pain...it wasn't until my 3rd playthrough that I realized that you could empty a mis-filled soul gem. There's nothing in the manual that tells you how to do it.

Lol. Dead on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Started back up last night. :embarrassed: Did a bit of power-leveling with Hadvar, so I'm at Level 10, even though I just got to Riverwood. This time I'm a OH/Shield based Redguard, that's also focusing on Archery. Might add some Conjuration at higher levels, but that's not a necessity. I've got a 50 in One-Handed, 25 in Block, and a 70 in Sneak, so it's going great so far. Right now I'm playing on Master, but am tempted to bump it up to Legendary, just to see...

Next stop, joining the Companions.

Started back up last night. :embarrassed: Did a bit of power-leveling with Hadvar, so I'm at Level 10, even though I just got to Riverwood. This time I'm a OH/Shield based Redguard, that's also focusing on Archery. Might add some Conjuration at higher levels, but that's not a necessity. I've got a 50 in One-Handed, 25 in Block, and a 70 in Sneak, so it's going great so far. Right now I'm playing on Master, but am tempted to bump it up to Legendary, just to see...

Next stop, joining the Companions.

While your in river wood grab the elf at the lumber mill as a follower. Train 5 points into archery every level, then trade with him and take your money back :grin: when he can't train you any more dump him for the companions girl and repeat. Now that's power leveling.

While your in river wood grab the elf at the lumber mill as a follower. Train 5 points into archery every level, then trade with him and take your money back :grin: when he can't train you any more dump him for the companions girl and repeat. Now that's power leveling.

Whaddaya take me for, a n00b?!? That's my first stop! :grin:

Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana Donkey show. Wearing a kilt.

Okay, if you've never tried the Restoration Glitch, it's well worth the shot. You can brew potions up to 1,000,000% stronger than their base... I didn't want to get too greedy though, and stopped around 3000%. :wink:

I made a couple of Enchanting Potions that strength, and I can now carry THREE TONS worth of loot, making Followers all by unnecessary, except for their soundbites or for sacrifice to Boehiath...

I've also got Stamina Regen and Magicka Regen at 4000% faster. Magicka is up to 4500. I also enchanted an Iron Dagger that Paralyzes for 2500 seconds... time to go stab an Elder Dragon in the face and run to the other side of the map before he shakes it off! :grin:

Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana Donkey show. Wearing a kilt.

I think I may just be the very last person on earth to play this game...but holy fuck what a game. I've got about 65 hours on it, & I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. Got a new laptop a few weeks ago (Asus ROG750J ). It played the game on ultra settings smoothly (effortlessly, actually ), so I added a few mods (mostly texture).

I'd upload some screenshots, but the Steam cloud thing isn't working, so screw it.

Back