The official "show your kits" thread

I just got my new Yamaha Live Custom oak drums a few weeks ago. Used them for the first time on a recording session last weekend. I love them! The oak shells combine the warmth of maple with the projection of birch. Toms are 13x9" and 16x15". Bass Drum is 22x18".

Did you have these when we played Stubriks a few weeks ago?

Thanks! They currently offer four finishes for those drums; the one I picked is called Amber Shadow Sunburst. I really enjoy using 4-piece set-ups. I hope this doesn't sound clichéd or pretentious, but I like the challenge of making more with less. It's certainly fun to play on a large set-up though.

I understand about liking the 4 piece. I started playing in 2007, and I bought a Gretsch Catalina Maple 6 piece. I really enjoy playing that kit, and didn't really believe those "making more with less" statements. This was until 2 years ago when I bought a 4 piece kit to play in situations were space was at a premium - a used Gretsch Catalina Elite jazz sized 4 piece. At first it didn't get a lot of love. I considered it a bench warmer, until I took it to a gig and shared it with another drummer that was playing that day. Once I got a chance to hear it from out front - and it sounded awesome - I gave it a little more respect, and I moved it to first position for several months. I began to understand about making more with less, as I would play similar fills that I did with the 6 piece kit, only I created the fills using few drums. It was a lot of fun. Now I go back and forth, but if I know that I'm going to need a certain kit at a gig, then I spend a lot more practice time on that kit.

Just picked these up. Also have an early 70's Pearl kit.
25C8F72A-2BF5-4F8B-9DB4-C7F2DCD7DC6E-4210-000006346A18742F.jpg

Back