The Official MWGL Forum 2015-2016 NHL Thread!!!

So much for hockey chat...

*spits*.........

IIHF tomorrow....Good shit...

Enjoy the rest of your day....

You laughed at that? THAT??

I see..

Small things amuse small minds I guess..Kidding dude..

Hope you're watching the IIHF today. Some good hockey right there Walter..

Fins beat the Russians..

USA-Canada game coming up. Looking forward to that one..

If Canada beats USA then they'll play the Fins tomorrow for gold.

The Fins were the only team to beat Canada so far,doubt they'd do it a second time..

First,get past the USA..

Then the Blues tonight...Good day for hockey......

This thread sure took a dive..

I hope the Pens can pull this off to force a game seven back at home..
At the very least I hope the Blues can take their series..

If not it'll be the first time in my life that I won't watch the finals..

There's just something about a team from Florida playing a team from California in the finals that is so wrong..

That being said.. The new team the league wants to instate from Las Vegas may be having an impact on this years outcome...

@tompetty , don't log in much here any more......too much bullshit and too many fucktards who think they're comedians.

That being said, I'm always up for a NHL discussion. :)

Your Pens are looking resilient, but Tampa is out-bullying them. Pittsburgh lays on a HUGE hit (questionable or not), and Tampa comes right back with a goal.
That series seems to be going like that, imho. Tampa is capitalizing on Pittsburg's "streaky-ness" if you will.
The Pens lay a big hit, and then sort of relax......expecting great returns. Expecting something, it seems....
Then Tampa takes the puck, skates up the ice, and 2 crisp passes later they just slam the puck into the net.
Crosby is deadly whenever he can make himself some space. I'm not going to deny that. But he's not really a "touchy, feely" kind of guy. Give him an INCH, and he's gonna score. Stick your shoulder into his chest and if you can get him off the play and cover his follow up, well, you've negated his effectiveness. He's a sniper, no doubt, but he just doesn't have the size/strength to bully his way out of a tight forechecking kind of game. He's not a kid anymore, and the refs are letting them play.
That being said, Tampa Bay is doing a GREAT job of taking away free space, especially in the neutral zone. (Watch that other winger come back and pinch the puck handler!)
Pittsburgh has the better first line, imo.
But TB has been able to do a good job of containing them, and TB's 2 and 3rd line are slightly, just slightly better than Pittsburgh's.
Again, just my opinion.
4th lines are about even.
End result, TB is able to roll all 4 lines, and Pittsburgh gets more and more desperate as the game goes on (if they're behind) with long outlet passes and desperate shots up the ice, hoping for that "space" to be open. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

Again, just my take.

The Blues and the Sharks series is extremely well-matched. This is the series to watch. These guys are playing ball, and it is a truly even chess match.
No stupid shit going on there, at least not that I have seen.
So far, the Sharks have gotten the Blues number inside the red zone.
The games the Blues have won, they have kept the puck on the other side of the blue line, which directly leads me to checking and being puck-responsible in the offensive zone.
No stupid "Big Hits". No unnecessary penalties. Big, bruising, crisp playoff hockey.

This is a great coaching matchup.

May the best teams win.

JM2CW.

Last edited:
I read your whole post...Your take is considered..

That's a lot of words describing a game there Walter.......

Pens are up 1-0......

Time to watch Don Cherry....

Pens win....

Gonna be a hell of a game tomorrow in Pittsburgh....

Agreed.

And apparently TB didn't get the memo I sent out about giving Crosby an outlet pass, a little bit of space and a lane up the ice.
Man, he burned them good. Yikes.

Would have been a different game all together if that TB goal had stood in the first, but I guess that's hockey for you.....a game of inches. It was the correct call.

There's just something about a team from Florida playing a team from California in the finals that is so wrong..
We let the Canadians play baseball, so fair is fair. Besides, both Ca and Fla have huge immigrant populations from the east coast, so Hockey really isn't out of place here. They even play outdoors sometimes

2015-ss-sj_rendering_960x540.jpg

San Josey did it. I was really hoping for St Louis. I would like to see SJ win it all now...that would be a first time win for them and the other 2 teams have won it before.

If only Bishop could have remained uninjured.

Go Sharks.

The Pens still have their young goalie and Crosby along with the once in a while Malkin and slimey Letang...maybe Kessel will create a talent black hole like is his forte.

The Sharks are extremely deep on talent. Too deep to list 'em all. They broke their curse and it's their time to get their Stanley Cup.

Back