The Official MWGL Forum 2015-2016 NHL Thread!!!

boo_hiss_catty_kitty_foot_prints_post_cards-rbe7bf2a9453b4c83a5fdc99c054acdff_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

boo-hiss-L-WBgLsq.jpeg

Yeah, I bet it will.

Tried to get GA seats yesterday...they were gone before I could log in...maybe they were never available :shrug:
Seats on Stubhub are stupid expensive right now....~1000+ for the worst seats in the house. Hopefully that is just people trying to get rich quick and it will come down as we get closer to game time but I can't afford that...even for a once in a lifetime chance...that's like $300/hr :eek:

Tried to get GA seats yesterday...they were gone before I could log in...maybe they were never available :shrug:
Seats on Stubhub are stupid expensive right now....~1000+ for the worst seats in the house. Hopefully that is just people trying to get rich quick and it will come down as we get closer to game time but I can't afford that...even for a once in a lifetime chance...that's like $300/hr :eek:

I know season ticket holders get first dibs, + all the NHL people get tickets, then all the players, etc......probably not a lot leftover to begin with.

I know when Philly was in the Cup a few years ago, tickets were STARTING at $2500 each, if you could even find them!

(Needless to say, I didn't go.)

Yup, at times they did..I'm a bit surprised that you bumped this thread.
I'm guessing that most of the usual suspects won't be contributing to this thread now..

I gotta say that anybody that calls Letang a dirty player should be hanging their heads low after watching those cheap shot artists (San Hosey),at work last night..

Unreal....Anyway... Go Pens Go!!

I have to admit, Pittsburgh has surprised me.

Hopefully this is a good series and not over in 5 games or something.

While I'd like to see the Sharks win, I acknowledge that (obviously) Pittsburgh is HOT right now and are playing excellent hockey.

I'm guessing that most of the usual suspects won't be contributing to this thread now..

I've been watching Hockey since I was born, and never miss the cup games.

:shrug:

Anyway I bet SJ steps it up in game two.

I gotta say that anybody that calls Letang a dirty player should be hanging their heads low after watching those cheap shot artists (San Hosey),at work last night..

Unreal....Anyway... Go Pens Go!!

Well not such a Fanboi as yourself so...

Pens were very good in the 1st as was Martin Jones...could have easily been 4-0.
Sharks were much better in the 2nd and it was tied 2-2
The third was even for a while but after the penalty to Marleau (which I assume is your cheap shot comment) the Pens were better. The hit wasn't a cheap shot and I didn't even think it was a penalty but that's the new NHL. Rust needs to learn to keep his head up. He was bent over looking at the puck when Marleau hit him. And Marleau is no cheap shot artist, he's been a Lady Bing finalist.
For the most part a well played game from both sides. Adjustments will be made no doubt. Series doesn't really start until someone wins a road game. A 7 game series would be fun. Once hockey is over there isn't really much good to watch sportswise until the Olympics in Aug

Well Ya. I make no bones about being a Crosby\Pens fan boy with Sid being from my home town and all. To be fair though I was a Pens fan long before Sid came along with Mario being my favorite player of all time..And I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone in particular. Hockey is a great sport and should be enjoyed by everybody. Marleau wasn't the only one cheap shotting. Joe Thornton whom I have a lot of respect for and is a good Canadian boy was doing his fair share of intent to injure in that first game as well....All said. Should be a good one tonight. Go Pens Go. If Sid gets to bring the cup home here this year I'll get the picture of Sid,my brother,myself and the cup signed by Sid..Did you know that SJ has 15 Canadian players and the Pens 14...

Last edited:
Well I guess I saw a different game then you did since I didn't see that much nastiness. Try watching the Ducks and LA play (or the Sharks play either). Those are some nasty games by teams that don't like each other with big boys on both sides. The eastern games seem tamer than the western ones these days it seems to me.

The Blues had the most Canadians 18 I believe. 3 Sharks are on the roster for the WC in Sept only one Pen. If you were really patriotic you would root for the Sharks :Wave:

I have Center Ice so there is never a game being played that I can't watch. I've watched some western games but not many because they come on so late here..They are nasty for sure..

Damn,I hope Rust is in tonight. He's been the hottest Pen the last couple games(IMO). So no surprise that SJ would purposely try and sideline him..

I'm shaved,showered,shampooed,and a few other things and ready to watch this barn burner(game starts at 9PM here)..Hope the refs let them play....

Lest we forget...

It's ok...
we get it...
you want to make sweet love to Sid the kid...
down by the fire...
It's ok...

Just bustin yer chops. I'm not a Crosby fan (or hater), but the dude has undeniable skills.

*spits*

I think if you are going to purposely sideline someone you don't pick the guy with 5 goals all year regardless of how hot he has been in the last 3 games....you'd pick the best player in the world

And I bet he plays. Hockey coaches are legendary for keeping everyone in the dark....injuries are digital...upper body or lower body lol

You both speak some truth...

Everyone has something to offer at this point.

Cool you can see that, I know you're a huge Pitts Fan. Good hockey is just that, GOOD hockey.

Joe Thornton's beard, should they win, deserves it's own listing on the Cup, I will say that.
:wink:

Awesome.

First period over...IMO a really good game so far...

SJ looks outclassed to me but it may be just me..

And they've got to figure out that puck over glass penalty somehow. I don't agree with it the way it is..

Well there we go.. I didn't like when Thornton punched Sid in the head,knocking his helmet off and cross checked him and didn't even get a penalty,but I'm not surprised.

I hope SJ wins one in SJ so the cup can be won at home....

Yeah, it's funny how dominating SJ looked over the Blues, but got pantsed in the first two games against the Pen.

Will hold off on judging the series, but if the Shark lose the next one at home, it's all over.

Back