Achtung! The Official Mark Wein 2015 Holiday Gift Exchange Thread

I received a package from a certain Baimun character.

Contents were a sparkly leather guitar strap, a glow in the dark skull shaker (actually a perfect shape for holding), and a Seymour Duncan mini humbucker. I love mini 'buckers so hopefully that will find a guitar home in 2016.

Thanks Tony!
Pics?

I'm noticing that my idea about gifting crap that we don't use, but we're too lazy to sell seems to have been popular.

I'm glad. One man's trash is another man's treasure and all that.

I, for one, hope this becomes a tradition.

I think you're right, and I am going to do so next year; the "mathom" route leads to much more impressive gifts. Also, there's the chance that some of them end up circulating for years and becoming an enduring part of MWGL folklore!

Thanks @IamSeaDevil ! What a haul!

image.jpeg

I got a string winder/string cutter/bridge pin puller, and a keychain with pick holder.idn_smilie (Do not know how to delete smilies)

DEC26 Edit: I received $20 Musician's Friend gift certificate. Thanks @tgk03 !

Last edited:
@LeftyTom I just reread the fine print. I think your gift certificate is being mailed separately. I am so sorry it didn't all come at once. I know those piddly items were probably underwhelming.

@LeftyTom I just reread the fine print. I think your gift certificate is being mailed separately. I am so sorry it didn't all come at once. I know those piddly items were probably underwhelming.
Thanks, @tgk03. It's all good. Maybe the gift certificate is from Pronhub. wave0

Last edited:
I am not sure who my gifted me but his initials are SS and hes from West Palm Beach. Tilsta, maybe?

Thank you. I'll put the strap locks on my Tele. The picks are perfect. I like the textured grip. And the capo will be dedicated to my resonator; it fits the wide neck. I have other capos that don't fit that guitar so this was needed.

I'm glad your gifts will be useful :thu:

I finally got around to plugging in the pedals that smurfco sent me.

While neither will likely find a home on my main pedalboard, I think they both will make appearances in recordings from time to time.

That is, if I ever get motivated enough to start recording again. :embarrassed:

Thanks, Charles!
The Doctor Q is a joke but the Cool Cat Vibe is actually a pretty decent pedal. Enjoy!!

Back