The Official Better Call Saul Thread

I like it a lot. It's nice to see a show that trusts its audience to connect the dots on their own and doesn't dumb down or overexplain things.

I mean it's not Dostoevsky or anything but for a TV show it seems to respect its audience a lot.

Albuquerque locals know that Saul Goodman is based at least loosely on Ron Bell. So I'm not sure whether this billboard is further proof that Vince Gilligan has limitless patience or a great sense of humor, but I love it.

DSC_4357.jpg

Last edited:
I'm liking this show a lot. I don't compare it to BB but the theme of breaking bad is there as we know Jimmy will break bad and become Saul. I like the character development as Jimmy/Saul transforms.

I'm liking this show a lot. I don't compare it to BB but the theme of breaking bad is there as we know Jimmy will break bad and become Saul. I like the character development as Jimmy/Saul transforms.

I love the pacing and the fact that they're really taking their time. Recent Vince Gilligan quote:

“I worried all through Season 1 that we weren’t getting to Saul Goodman fast enough,” Gilligan said, but added “now I’ve come around 180 degrees and I’m thinking ‘God, I don’t want to get to Saul too quick’, I love Jimmy McGill so much.” The key question, so Gilligan and Gould said, isn’t “how long does it take to turn Jimmy McGill into Saul Goodman,” but “what kind of problem does becoming Saul Goodman solve?”

I'm enjoying it. There's a few bits and pieces I'll need to revisit after watching on Friday nights when I'm half asleep on the couch but it's really starting to get there.

A lot of folk comparing it to Breaking Bad are forgetting the first season of BB was pretty slow paced compared to the rest.

I'll have to wait until season 2 is available without cable. Plenty of time to re-watch season 1 I suppose.

The new W/ Bob and David show on Netflix is hilarious if you need more Bob Odenkirk or a Mr. Show fix.

The Pollos Hermanos logo (which is also on the tshirt I'm wearing today) got me thinking. Did they ever explain where Fring came from in Breaking Bad? When Don Eladio and Tio are about to kill Fring or his partner, they tell Fring we know who you are and kill the other dude. Who is he?

The Pollos Hermanos logo (which is also on the tshirt I'm wearing today) got me thinking. Did they ever explain where Fring came from in Breaking Bad? When Don Eladio and Tio are about to kill Fring or his partner, they tell Fring we know who you are and kill the other dude. Who is he?

I haven't re-watched BB since the series ended almost three years ago. It might be time to dive back into it again because I really don't know the answer to your question.

Back