The Official Better Call Saul Thread

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
I'm going out on one broken leg and saying this is going to be a first class series. Maybe not epic on the level of Breaking Bad and certainly not with the same sort of tragic arc, but Vince Gilligan knows exactly what he's doing and Bob Odenkirk is outstanding.

Who else is in?

I'm pleased so far. I was a bit skeptical when they announced the series, wondering how they could milk Breaking Bad for more (and whether it would feel like they're milking it). Instead, it's so far been pretty interesting. It's very much in the visual style of Breaking Bad, but it seems to have a different destination in mind. Young Saul/Jimmy is a different person, and it's interesting to see him with more depth.

I've really enjoyed it so far. I hope that it develops/grows its own world and doesn't rely on guest characters from BB, though.

I hope that it develops/grows its own world and doesn't rely on guest characters from BB, though.

I think Vince is smarter than that. Matter of fact, I feel slightly ashamed for having doubted him. When Better Call Saul was announced it just seemed like a transparent attempt to capitalize on the success of Breaking Bad. And it is, of course, but this already has its own flavor and feels very assured.

I think Vince is smarter than that. Matter of fact, I feel slightly ashamed for having doubted him. When Better Call Saul was announced it just seemed like a transparent attempt to capitalize on the success of Breaking Bad. And it is, of course, but this already has its own flavor and feels very assured.
I'm guilty of the same, and I hope I was wrong.

I just about died laughing at the final few seconds of the first episode when we see who opens the door.

Haven't seen the second episode yet, but the first was outstanding. Especially the opening. It feels good to return to that world for another go.

Back