Dig it! The *OFFICIAL* BarnStorm 2016 event thread...

Sorry, just catching up today.

I had a blast. It was so great to see @eloydrummerboy , @Chad , and @jelloman again. And of course, super cool meeting @telecaster911 . @smurfco , @VoidTerraFirma ,and @Prages . (I hope I didn't leave anyone out). You guys were so great to hang with, and I can't wait to do it again.

A few notes...

I'm fine with naming the Spring version Heelstock, as it'll help me keep everything straight. But Barn Storm is two words, just like there's two O's in Goose, boys.

I can build the most amazing, bigliest, tremendous fires around. Everyone can tell you this. I have a signed statement from 75 former park rangers attesting to the fact that I did actual damage to national forests over the prior 10 years. I know more about fires than fireman, I can assure you of that. Also, it'd just rained for several hours, and my aim and flame died, douche nozzle. :tongue: :wink:

My wife had an even better weekend than we did, so she's TOTALLY fine with ditching us twice a year. :grin:

The drums. It was unfortunate. I started to give Matt shit about it, but he'd been getting it a lot worse from his wife (who is a challenge), and wasn't even permitted to come this year. I won't get into it, but it's frustrating. Anyway, before the Spring edition, I will have a permanent set of shitty drums. Maybe Chad's old set if he gets a new one. Either way, I'm really sorry about the delay, and it won't happen again.

I was still enjoying the cinnamon rolls as of yesterday. Thanks again @telecaster911

It's impossible for @eloydrummerboy to visit and not leave something behind. Does this happen everywhere you go? Do you just leave a yard sale in your wake?

I was hoping that @smurfco 's blue shorts (fitting, though maybe they should be white?) would fit, but they're the largest shorts I've ever seen. Think Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (except he's not obese, just large, generally). Maybe you guys are just doing the ol' George Costanza leave-behind? I already said you could come back.

You've all encouraged me to actually pick up the guitar this year, in advance of the event this time, and for that I thank you all. Also, thank you for allowing me to play badly with no dirty looks or thrown beer bottles.

I had an even better time this year than last, and I look forward to several more to come. As the event gets bigger, we'll need to put a little more thought into sleeping arrangements, but thanks to all of you for being patient this year (especially @eloydrummerboy )

@Chad needs to hang out more just so that we can play a bunch of quasi-musical noise without bothering others.

I can build the most amazing, bigliest, tremendous fires around. Everyone can tell you this. I have a signed statement from 75 former park rangers attesting to the fact that I did actual damage to national forests over the prior 10 years. I know more about fires than fireman, I can assure you of that. Also, it'd just rained for several hours, and my aim and flame died, douche nozzle. :tongue: :wink:.
:tongue:

I swear, once my Lexapro gets kicked in properly I might get the nerve to drive my anxious ass up there. Sadly, now I'll be even farther away in florida. I know this would be good for me.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Hey telecaster911 drove from PA on Friday, went back Saturday and drove to Florida. You can make it from Florida :grin:

It is a blast and this is coming from the worst player there. Just hanging out and shooting the shit with everyone is awesome.

Back