Dig it! The *OFFICIAL* BarnStorm 2016 event thread...

Here's my quick rundown of my abridged weekend.

Heel...awesome dude. Great to finally meet you. Felt like we've been friends forever.

Smurf...wow. Incredible talent. Loved all the Beatles and all the older music. Smurf has very cool guitars! I think I want to build a 12 string now.

Jello...is now fun size Jello. Holy shit dude. Amazing transformation. Cool guitars and a fun guy to jam with.

Chad...super fun. Has the same affinity as me for dirt pedals. I can't make fuzz work but they always sound killer with him playing through them.

VoidTerraFirma...able to jump in anywhere whether it's vocals or guitar. Great guy, cool guitars, and looks like he has fun no matter what the situation.

Prages...always awesome all the time. The human jukebox.

Eloy...I didn't get to jam with him this time but he's great.

Wish I would have had more time. Proud to call you guys my friends!

Is that one of her lyrics, the shake it off thing?

taylor-swift-shake-it-off-1989-19082014115151.jpg

Again, it was amazing. I hadn't done anything quite like this in a very long time. I was a little nervous but everyone made me feel very welcome and I came out of it a better musician and feeling much more positive about the state of humanity. Which is exactly what one would hope for.

You guys are the best. See ya next time!

@Prages is extraordinarily talented and that wasn't a surprise. He knows a ton of songs and moved from acoustic to bass to electric with ease, and I don't think I heard him hit a bum note while playing lead guitar the entire weekend.

You're obviously as deaf as you are blind. :embarrassed:

I had a great time, and can't wait to do it again. Guitar Heel was a great host, and the venue and atmosphere were top notch.

As always, everyone who showed up brought something to the table musically. Wish we could have included telecaster911 and VoidTerraFirma in the full band festivities.

For me, this year wasn't as much about music as it was meeting some new guys and reconnecting with the folks I've met over the years, but the jam sessions were still very fun, and very much a memorable part of the weekend, even if I spent as much time listening as I did playing.

Back