The Oatmeal and the Tesla Model S

.... the fucker that makes those (hilarious yet) goofy internet cartoons makes enough money to afford a Tesla Model S?!?!? FML :annoyed:

I was thinking the price must have come down because an internet cartoonist can apparently afford it. Checked again. Yep, still expensive.

And I'm still trying to figure out how I can wrangle up the money for a used Mazda.

Let's see . . . I could save a little over $1000/year in gasoline . . . yup, still won't make that car payment :embarrassed:

I'm sold! I'm leaving work early to go buy one. :)

That does all sound pretty good. The only thing I really disagree with is I don't always want soft buttons on an iPad thingy. Sometimes real buttons and knobs are better, especially when you are driving and working them (hopefully) by feel.

Fuck the car. I'd love one, but I'm nowhere near being able to afford a set of wheels like that. It's part two that has my attention. It's crazily ballsy of the oatmeal to ask Musk for the $8 million to build the Tesla Museum. However, it's completely warranted and has my support. It's the type of thing I'd love to do if I had the wherewithal.

Let's see . . . I could save a little over $1000/year in gasoline . . . yup, still won't make that car payment :embarrassed:
How little do you drive? I only go back and forth to work and I pay $50ish a week. That's $2600 a year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

How little do you drive? I only go back and forth to work and I pay $50ish a week. That's $2600 a year.

About 25 miles a day, 3 days a week. Plus trips to the store or whatever. :shrug: A couple of years ago I was driving 90 miles a day, 5-6 days a week. That was killing me.

About 25 miles a day, 3 days a week. Plus trips to the store or whatever. :shrug: A couple of years ago I was driving 90 miles a day, 5-6 days a week. That was killing me.
What do you drive that you only spend $1000 on gas? I have a V6 Mustang and drive about 200 miles a week.

I'm really happy with mine. I was never a car person, but I fell in love with it. I think I've posted pics here, if you want to search.

We absolutely love ours, so much fun to drive. It is a very large up-front expense but if you keep it 10 years the total cost of ownership is not bad. With the warranty and service plan the only cost for the next 8 years is tires. I've been getting 100 miles for about $4.50 worth of electricity and we figure to save around $2,500/year in gas costs.

I really cannot say enough about how good these cars are.

Hmmm... Between me and Mrs. P, we do over 150 miles per day 5 days a week. With gas close to $4/gallon, 2 Teslas might make sense. :embarrassed:

Seems like a nice toy, but completely impractical as a normal vehicle. Unless you only drive 20 miles a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back