the NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert thread.

A young friend of mine was on several months ago with Afro Blue, the Howard University vocal group. That was pretty cool.

Looking forward to checking out the Trampled by Turtles one. A buddy of mine from law school who now lives mid-west is always posting on FB about them.

Now, I'm not saying Bob and John Scofield are the same person, but has anyone ever seen them in the same room together?

I love how white middle-aged/class Bob looks while still imbuing his music with a lot of the same passion as he did in his youth. Many artists grow out of that in what can be a sad way.

I just saw Bob at the 9:30 club and the old man still brings it. The fire is still there, he absolutely kills it.

my ears are still ringing from seeing him there a couple months prior.

I saw the Jayhawks there last weekend and was right up in front and I figured I was going to have to move back as the night went on, but they were nowhere near as loud as Bob.

By far and away my favorite...

They are too many great one for me to have a favorite...so many different flavors. By holy shit this one is indeed awesome. Every time I hear Cray I'm reminded of how stellar he is. I could just listen to him sing OR play guitar, but he does both so fucking well. His leads are great. His phrasing has so much more going on than most players. He gets jazzy with the time in a way that many of his influences and peers just don't think of (or maybe can't). Seriously great stuff.

I feel like if I learn the leads he played in this clip it will advance my guitar playing by a few leagues. He might be my favorite blues guitar ever, but definitely at the moment.

Last edited:
Back