The next chapter

All-hands call starting any minute.

I was warned about a possible announcement that would directly affect me and others that do I what I do.

The announcement was supposed to happen yesterday.
As was this all-hands call.
Call gets pushed a day....announcement gets pushed a day. I don't believe in coincidences.

Interesting.
A direct question regarding that which I am concerned with was answered with "It's possible. At this point, I don't know for sure."

I'm sure it just can't be discussed at this point, but if the announcement comes out later today or even tomorrow, I'll have lost any respect I've got left for our executive. I would have taken a "I can't discuss the details, but look for an announcement later today or tomorrow."

And now the actual thing I was expecting to be announced....

sent in a email.

We're splittin up the band, man.
Networking division (that would be what I do) is on the auction block.

So, do I take all of my vacation before the sale or should I wait and see if it carries over?

And now the actual thing I was expecting to be announced....

sent in a email.

We're splittin up the band, man.
Networking division (that would be what I do) is on the auction block.

So, do I take all of my vacation before the sale or should I wait and see if it carries over?

what does this mean for your job?
mojo.

Mojo. I know when I worked for a bank, when we bought other banks and when we were ultimately bought, the vacations carried over, if you were retained and if not, you were paid for it in your severance. No idea if they will do that or not.

Just saw this, mojo DCF

Not sure of your complete situation but when our company went through bankruptcy 2/3 of the workforce was soldoff/let go. Most of them did not get anything when that happened as it was considered extraordinary business conditions and thus the normal laws did not apply. Indeed at that time they could not have paid off anyone since they didn't have the $$. But you might want to consider getting some vacation out. The rules might be different for you but it is possible that a new company could zero out your vacation (in accordance with some terms or because of their policies). It depends on what you have. Also I think some of that was going to happen when we were merging with Cypress years later but I GTFO before those HR things got put in place.

These things are a pain because you don't know and it is hard on morale. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that shit anymore, good luck to you

Good luck.

Most of the time it's better to move on before the bloodshed if you can

If it makes you feel any better I'm filing chapter 7.
Mojo.

I went through that with Nortel.
In hindsight, the swirly part is fun. Finally reaching the drain is not.

As for my current situation, I'm working on my "...what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career...." speech. Just with a bit less killing and shit.

ParticularSetOfSkills.jpg

I spoke to someone on the inside today.
I'm going to call another contact on Monday, and then contact the hiring manager.

I think I like the idea mainly because I get to choose the path forward.
If I stick around with the current gig, I don't have as much control as to what happens down the road.

I tried connecting with the hiring manager today and got voice mail.
His greeting suggested dropping an email. So I did.

It covered the "specific set of skills" message mentioned above and no killing and shit.
I think I made an impression. He forwarded it to the VP of sales and my insider. They thought it was great.

Still no movement on the current gig.
Auction, if it happens, should be over by the end of May. Then the transaction needs to be finished by the end of June.
That's great for the portfolio, but that doesn't give me any specific career path right now.
I'm going to start stirring things up to see if I can find out some details.

Back