The new Guilds

Got this ad today.
guild_usa_agmemail_01.jpg

guild_usa_agmemail_02.jpg

Also advertising the D55 after a couple year lay off they say. So, where in Cali are they being made now? Anyone try one, d55 or otherwise, and have any impressions? Before I bought my guitar several years ago, I was interested in the D55. Always liked that Rosewood and Spruce.

EDIT: Looks like maybe the D55 isn't out until 2017, now that I look again.

I've played several. They are much lighter than my 1976 D25. That is not a criticism. Every one I tried has the unbraced, arched back. Build quality is clean. Necks have been matte, not glossy (having a senior moment---okay! Satin!), and less of a U, more a C. They nailed the Guild sound! I saw a beautiful Jumbo 12 string that played very easy and the sound when I strummed it was like gold dust in the air. I saw motion in my peripheral vision and spotted a girl, about 10, furtively scurry out of my line of sight. Then she impinged at another angle, slipped away. Then, a third. I was playing "Now Be Thankful" from Fairport Convention", which sounds good with my meager skills on such a gorgeous instrument. She said my playing was beautiful, and then carried on without a comma that her dad was getting his electric set up for her to play on. She was a little cutie. We chatted about guitars a bit. She wandered off and I just strummed on. What a dangerous guitar! Maple back and sides. Solid spruce top. Fabulous. About 500 dollars.

I'll be interested to try them at Namm again this year. Last year I was a little disappointed in what I tried. I'm rooting for them to do well though. My DV52 is a great guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I played some spruce/mahogany cutaway dread Guild that's selling new for $449 the other day. Holy fuck was I impressed. I normally prefer rosewood over mahogany but this sounded nice.

I played some spruce/mahogany cutaway dread Guild that's selling new for $449 the other day. Holy fuck was I impressed. I normally prefer rosewood over mahogany but this sounded nice.

Are they still selling MIC guitars or do they have an affordable MIA line?

A few years back I played a beautiful 80's/90's American Guild 12 string at Gruhn's that was an absolute STEAL at $999. I was too strapped at the time to even be able to consider it, but I still dream about it. I've played some nice 12 strings before, but this one was soaked in mojo.

Back