Dig it! The most exciting sentence in the English language

It is sort of fun to play a tune in standard tuning, push a couple of buttons and be playing “Gimme Shelter” in open E, but I don’t know how that will wear over the long term. Also, the pickups seem a little more raucus so far than the ones in my LP Junior Special — I will definitely have to do some adjustments. The neck is really quite nice - wider and flatter than I think is usual on a Gibby. I’ll play it some more today and see how things shake out.

That’s my first impressions on the G-Force as well. It was fun at first, then it doesn’t go into tune properly and you have to re-try because the strings bind on the nut. Etc.
I think it’s a good idea but poorly executed.
The titanium nut helps but still. I think it’s pretty cool for a home player but for a gigging player the G-Force isn’t good enough.

Try lowering the bridge pickup a couple of turns on each screw and see how you like it. I have the treble side a hair lower than the bass side too.

Would replacing the zero fret thing a majig nut throw off the plekness of the plek job? My doublecut is set up perfectly but the nut binds up a ton. I'll switch to the titanium one but long term, the G-force and the whole nut need to go

Would replacing the zero fret thing a majig nut throw off the plekness of the plek job? My doublecut is set up perfectly but the nut binds up a ton. I'll switch to the titanium one but long term, the G-force and the whole nut need to go
The replacement nut will solve the issue. I was skeptical at first too. But I got the replacement from Gibson, installed it in about 30 seconds, replaced the tuners with locking Grovers and she stays in tune amazing.

Apologies for the crappy photos -- didn't get a chance to go outside and snap 'em before dark, so these are cellphone pics. Anyway -- it's a 2015 LP Doublecut special. Beautiful, high-gloss finish, P90s and some "100th anniversary" particulars that the purists aren't terribly fond of. I plan on getting a Graphtech nut to replace the brass once that gets grooved, but have to say that for the moment, I'm rather charmed by the G-Force tuning. I slid the little battery pack in, pressed the button, and (even after almost three years in the box - given that the inspection tag was signed in 12/14.) The case is the nicest electric case I've had -- it fits like a glove (unlike my Fender cases, which are meant to fit several models, this one is specific to LP Doublecuts). Anyway, I figured for less than $600 to my door I couldn't go too far wrong.

Great looking guitar .... a twin of mine. You have wonderful taste. HNGD!

The replacement nut will solve the issue. I was skeptical at first too. But I got the replacement from Gibson, installed it in about 30 seconds, replaced the tuners with locking Grovers and she stays in tune amazing.

A little nut lube (hehe) works wonders as well. I have a cheap needle oiler that I use for just that.

Sweet, HNGD! I dig it. :thu:

OTOH, that box isn't exactly subtle, is it? Nothing like letting everyone who drives by your house know there's a brand new Gibson sitting on your porch waiting for you to get home.

Sweet, HNGD! I dig it. :thu:

OTOH, that box isn't exactly subtle, is it? Nothing like letting everyone who drives by your house know there's a brand new Gibson sitting on your porch waiting for you to get home.

What better way to ward off would be thieves. ATTENTION: GIBSON PRODUCT!!

Back