Dig it! The most exciting sentence in the English language

bsman

b00b
upload_2017-11-17_12-25-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-17_12-25-20.png
    upload_2017-11-17_12-25-20.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 83
Well, if you order something that needs a signature it’s not Fedex’s fault if you’re not home to sign for it.

I can electronically sign with UPS. And I’m almost never home.
You can do that with a Fedex too.
You have 2 choices. Set up your signature to be “on file”.
Or Leave what’s called an “LOA”...a letter of authorization.
You’d need to set these up prior to a delivery though.
Once you have your signature on file, it’s there. One and done.

Apologies for the crappy photos -- didn't get a chance to go outside and snap 'em before dark, so these are cellphone pics. Anyway -- it's a 2015 LP Doublecut special. Beautiful, high-gloss finish, P90s and some "100th anniversary" particulars that the purists aren't terribly fond of. I plan on getting a Graphtech nut to replace the brass once that gets grooved, but have to say that for the moment, I'm rather charmed by the G-Force tuning. I slid the little battery pack in, pressed the button, and (even after almost three years in the box - given that the inspection tag was signed in 12/14.) The case is the nicest electric case I've had -- it fits like a glove (unlike my Fender cases, which are meant to fit several models, this one is specific to LP Doublecuts). Anyway, I figured for less than $600 to my door I couldn't go too far wrong.

Last edited:
It’s funny - I was totally a Fender guy for the longest time, but as I get older I am finding the shorter scale of the Gibson seeems to work better for my not-quite-so-nimble-anymore fingers, and P90s are my favorite ‘flavor’. Also, Gibson keeps doing stupid things that allows me to buy a US=made guitar at way lower than anything from Fender’s line.

So, the tuners are like an acoustic? They need a couple of years to open up?

HNGD

Apologies for the crappy photos -- didn't get a chance to go outside and snap 'em before dark, so these are cellphone pics. Anyway -- it's a 2015 LP Doublecut special. Beautiful, high-gloss finish, P90s and some "100th anniversary" particulars that the purists aren't terribly fond of. I plan on getting a Graphtech nut to replace the brass once that gets grooved, but have to say that for the moment, I'm rather charmed by the G-Force tuning. I slid the little battery pack in, pressed the button, and (even after almost three years in the box - given that the inspection tag was signed in 12/14.) The case is the nicest electric case I've had -- it fits like a glove (unlike my Fender cases, which are meant to fit several models, this one is specific to LP Doublecuts). Anyway, I figured for less than $600 to my door I couldn't go too far wrong.
Congrats!!!
I found the G-Force pretty neat at first too. That didn’t last long. But, email Gibson with your serial # and ask for a replacement titanium nut. They will send you one for free. The brass one will start to groove within a couple of weeks.
I found for me that the bridge pickup needed to be lowered a couple of turns. It was a little harsh in the high end until i lowered it. Now it sounds great. Neck pickup sounded good right from the factory. I love that p90 sound in the neck.
There are replacement bridges you can get too if you wanted. My guitars intonation is pretty good with the stock bridge so I’m not yet looking to replace it. But adjustable wraparound replacements are available.
If you find that you don’t like the G-Force, I’d recommend a set of Grover 502c tuners. They are the locking chrome ones. I put them on mine and they are Fort Knox solid.
The biggest tuning issues are due to the nut though, get that replaced and you’ll see and immediate improvement. Add he tuners and it will be damn near perfection.
The more I play this guitar the more I really like it. The wider neck is actually quite comfortable.

Back