The Media Is Deep Throating The Apple Watch

sonik

Motor City Madman
Hard.

Seriously. I don't think I've ever seen the collective media outlets blow a product so vigorously, it's embarrassing.

Nobody I know in the real world (or even the comments sections of these articles) gives a flying fuck about this nearly pointless piece of overpriced tech. Even the Apple die hards seem a bit meh on it.

The only person I've met with a smart watch absolutely loves it. Said it was a gift. I have no use for it, Apple, Samsung, or otherwise.

Odd, I've read a number of favorable articles about it. Observation bias? :wink:

I think if you are getting worked up about how awful the Apple Watch is, there are some more important awful things in the world you may have missed.

EDIT
Now I realize maybe the OP means the media reaction is overly favorable?

Last edited:
Is there an Apple steam punk version available?
Steampunk-watch-by-John-de-Cristofaro.jpg

I have no interest in any watch. My phone has a clock, my computer has a clock, my car has a clock almost anywhere I am there is a clock in eyeshot. For me, the watch is a distant memory.

I just don't like things on my wrists.
I can understand that. I have worn a watch for so long that I feel wrong without one. Having to dig into a pocket to check the time would drive me muts. Of course, I am a time fanatic and check the time frequently. I think that comes of 20 years in public transportation.

As for smart watches, it is bad enough my phone has all that crap on it, I don't need it on my wrist.

Hard.

Seriously. I don't think I've ever seen the collective media outlets blow a product so vigorously, it's embarrassing.

Nobody I know in the real world (or even the comments sections of these articles) gives a flying fuck about this nearly pointless piece of overpriced tech. Even the Apple die hards seem a bit meh on it.

My mileage varies considerably. I live in Santa Clara and work in Palo Alto, and nearly everybody I know is dying to get one. Perhaps your perception might be one of the reasons that Detroit is no longer a world center of industrial design?

I'm in the "have no use/need for it" camp. There are some folks at work with smart watches, mostly younger folks. They're pretty damned big. I wear a standard analog watch every day, but would not want to strap something that large to my wrist.

Of the 4 different ones I've seen in people using... Apple, Sony, Samsung, Moto 360.... the Motorola seemed to be the most useful, fashionable, and functional.

Apple’s manipulation of the media is something I have mixed feelings about. One one hand it’s cynical, shameless, and often dishonest. On the other, it shines a big light on what a bunch of worthless tools tech journalists are.

Back