The Line6 Helix

I just got finished looking at the email that Line 6 sent me regarding this thing. How funny.

I have no interest in a $1500 Line 6 anything. Hellz no. They make a few really awesome products (DL4), a bunch of decent products, and quite a few flaming turds (i.e. anything with the word "Spider" attached to it).

I still don't know how the Yamaha take over is affecting their stuff, hopefully for the better, but for that kind of money, I am not willing to be a guinea pig.

There's a lot I like about my HD, but as recent threads mention, I have several gripes with it too.

I got an email about this too. I'm curious. I like the idea that it can send signals to remote switch amp channels. It looks really awesome, but I'm afraid of wasting too much time programming/tweaking it. My past line 6 experience has been that every patch is too wet with FX and needs everything changed, so I expect a lot of knob twiddling. Maybe someday I'll get another multi FX.

I got an email about this too. I'm curious. I like the idea that it can send signals to remote switch amp channels. It looks really awesome, but I'm afraid of wasting too much time programming/tweaking it. My past line 6 experience has been that every patch is too wet with FX and needs everything changed, so I expect a lot of knob twiddling. Maybe someday I'll get another multi FX.

The preset patches on the HD have oodles of effects (and why not in a way, they are showing off all the bells and whistles) but 1) you can modify them at will and 2) the patches you create which are as wet or dry as you wish.

That looks really nice. But at 3x the price of the HD500, it should.

3rd Party IR support is prb a portion of that increase. L6 reps have been commenting online recently about the dev cost of including 3rd party support on their devices and it's not something that could be included at HD price points.

What I don't like about Multi effects is that the Technology will be outdated in like six months.

I'll just stick to my tube amps, bbd delay's and germanium fuzzes thank you.

It might...but then that problem would just be replaced by another...

Same is true of most all modern electronics...your computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.
If they didn't try to innovate and upgrade with successive versions, everyone would be carping that their product is stale and dated

Back