The lessons are active and the site now has a front-end for the school!

Discussion in 'MWGL School of Music' started by Mark Wein, Mar 2, 2011.

Mar 2, 2011
  1. Mark Wein :mad:

The "School Page" or whatever we want to call it is now active: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/

You can get information on how everything works, module descriptions, payment, instructor bios and whatnot there. I might also add some general student resources, too. I'm still working on the template so it looks a little plain right now but I think it has all of the info you need...

The first three modules are available: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/payments.php - have at it!

I'm hoping to have Foundations Module 2 and two more from Tom done in about 2 weeks from this post and some voice, Bass and Drum stuff in April!

2. Mar 2, 2011
  3. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

4. Mar 2, 2011
  5. Mark Wein :mad:

I'm a little bummed that the front end doesn't have the template I bought but hopefully that will be fixed shortly.

I'm hoping that the concept makes sense to someone who is just coming upon the site for the first time. I tried to make everything as easy to understand and as accessible as possible. Now we need to crank out a ton of content...

6. Mar 2, 2011
  7. hobo simple guitar player

[BLINK]electricguitar054party0:rawk:[/BLINK]

8. Mar 4, 2011
  9. reverend1 n00b

Mark-

I'm not sure where I should start. I'm thinking module #2 but I'm not sure. Any recommendations?

10. Mar 4, 2011
  11. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

start at #1 and if you move through it, then you move through it. can't hurt, right?

12. Mar 4, 2011
  13. Mark Wein :mad:

My only thing about folks wanting to start on the second module is that they are missing stuff on time and rhythm that I spend a ton of time working on. Most folks will look at it and go "I can play open chords and I can strum already so I don't need it" but I lay the information out in an order to set you up for the second module and also to really define how your physical strumming technique should relate to how time flows.

If you've worked through that stuff in the book or in the other video lessons on the site and feel comfortable moving on then thats one thing but I'm really trying to lay out a program in order...I get the feeling that folks are going to read the module descriptions and just start on the 2nd or 3rd modules and then find themselves either frustrated or going back to the beginning anyway.....

This is from a conversation we're having in one of Tom's lesson modules right now with a few guys on this very subject:

As far as module 2 goes, I just laid it out yesterday and hope to have the content done by next Friday and maybe have it available the following week....turns out this one is 14 lessons long and at least 10 of them are going to have some sort of recording or backing track so I've got a ton of work this week :)

14. Mar 4, 2011
  15. FMC+ n00b

Congrat's on the venture. :aok: Suggestion, unless I missed them: Put up a 30 second or so free teaser of each that people can see before they buy. (Like you need more things to do . . . . )

16. Mar 4, 2011
  17. Mark Wein :mad:

Thanks!

We're actually planning on shooting small "commercials" for each module to put on YouTube that will also be available here. I was hoping to do it this week but between gigs and taxes that got thrown out the window...hopefully next Friday.

18. Mar 4, 2011
  19. reverend1 n00b

Good point I didn't realize they were all in a single program.

20. Mar 4, 2011
  21. Mark Wein :mad:

Yeah... I'm just working through the book in a slightly different order... The first two modules are everything but the note reading and the third module will be the note reading expanded quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Mar 5, 2011
  23. reverend1 n00b

Were should I post the video clips? I am assuming I send the quizzes to the forum email address?

24. Mar 5, 2011
  25. Mark Wein :mad:

If you want to put them in the forum for the lesson module thats cool...if not PM me an address for the video.

I'm thinking that I might make a new email for the homework submissions....the forum one is fine for right now though....

26. Mar 5, 2011
  27. reverend1 n00b

I don't think I can post in the forum.

28. Mar 5, 2011
  29. Mark Wein :mad: