The Les Paul Jr Kit build thread. Now with video!!!!

Shit's about to hopefully get real here at Casa del Knox today again.

Got my package from Rockinger, and as far as materially they aren't playing any games at all.

Pickup came in a wooden box with a waxed stamp seal.

DSC_0001.JPG
lighting is shit today and I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

Finally got it open and got my hands on the pickup. A real nice and heavy beyond sturdily made dogear p90 with metal cover and thick assed backplate. No loose tape or any fault to be seen whatsoever. All screws are black which isn't exactly what I expected, but I'm game.

DSC_0004.JPG

Their cheaper pots are also the nicest heaviest material pots I've ever gotten anywhere. So I'm hopeful.

It was a hard birth, but she's here!!

Cigars all around. The pickup clocked in at 8.9k and sounds fantastic. I couldn't use the stock metal cover because it was for a carved top. The plastic one I had fit fine though the pickup didn't fit the route. I had to break out the dremil and route the cavity a bit. Likewise the pot shafts were too thick for the holes, so I had to remedy that as well. Shielded the cavities with aluminium shielding so she's quiet. Here she is now, I have a red Guitar named Neneh, now I just need those three chords and the truth.

DSC_0005.JPG

My old cell phone died and I have to use my old Sony. Obviously it's better at photographing this color.

It was a hard birth, but she's here!!

Cigars all around. The pickup clocked in at 8.9k and sounds fantastic. I couldn't use the stock metal cover because it was for a carved top. The plastic one I had fit fine though the pickup didn't fit the route. I had to break out the dremil and route the cavity a bit. Likewise the pot shafts were too thick for the holes, so I had to remedy that as well. Shielded the cavities with aluminium shielding so she's quiet. Here she is now, I have a red Guitar named Neneh, now I just need those three chords and the truth.

View attachment 38504

My old cell phone died and I have to use my old Sony. Obviously it's better at photographing this color.

BOINGGGG!!!

Last edited:
Back