The Ladies love the Banjo

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
@baimun @Gary Blanchard

image.jpg

Laugh it up you guys..... you're digging such a banjo-karma hole for yourselves that you could get burried in a landslide of Hee Haw and Deliverance. :embarrassed:

I've decided instead of throwing banjos into fires and wood chippers.... I'm going to treat them like Skunks. They're out there and that's just fine... I just don't want them within any kind of radius of me. :helper:

but I'd like to point out that professional banjo players can "make several dollar$ just by playing the banjo". lmbo

I stole this joke from Roger McGuinn who probably stole it from someone else,

What's the difference between a banjo and an onion?

Nobody crys when you cut up a banjo.

Just 15 minutes a day to gain respect? That is only like 3 minutes a string. Wow.

As a long-time banjo player, I've seen that before and always enjoy it. What makes me sad is the Hee-Haw/Deliverance thing. Banjo isn't just a bluegrass or even country instrument.
seeger-banjo.jpg

There used to be a dude who dressed up in a nice suit from 1900 or so (complete with a vest, bow tie, suspenders, pocket watch, hat) and played banjo in central park. He played a lot of old jazz standards and swing. He was a smoking good player, and he used to sing too. He really made the place feel like it was 1900. That was probably the best use of a banjo I have ever seen. My kids used to love watching him play, and he was a super nice guy to little kids.

Last edited:
Laugh it up you guys..... you're digging such a banjo-karma hole for yourselves that you could get burried in a landslide of Hee Haw and Deliverance. :embarrassed:

I've decided instead of throwing banjos into fires and wood chippers.... I'm going to treat them like Skunks. They're out there and that's just fine... I just don't want them within any kind of radius of me. :helper:

*brings only banjo to next Pragestock, refuses to play drums, instead plays reggae covers of Justin Beiber songs on banjo*

Back