The Kiesel you all never saw...

My biggest problems with this whole dealing are that when I called at the estimated due date, I was told by my rep it would be done a few weeks later. When I called a few weeks later and asked for an update, I was told it would ship the following week. Each week I called and I got the same response. I finally asked my rep to speak with someone else who actually knew what the deal was. They shop manager said it would ship within the week.

But more aggravating was that they have had it since August 2. The website says that returns would be processed within 2 days and refunds issued a few days after that. I'm still waiting. On top of that, the accounting rep told me that they didn't get it until August 10 and it would take a few days. I sent him the tracking number showing the true delivery date. He wrote back,"sorry. It should be processed within a few days." It's 2 weeks later...

Wow, that sounds pretty awful. I can understand the build time issues, as delays happen, and wood isn't a precise medium. I'd rather get it good over getting it fast. The refund stuff is not excusable. They either don't give a shit about their customers or they are grossly understaffed...because they don't give a shit about their customers. It seems they may have expanded their market too fast and no one is making smart choices in the office side of things.

Wow, that sounds pretty awful. I can understand the build time issues, as delays happen, and wood isn't a precise medium. I'd rather get it good over getting it fast. The refund stuff is not excusable. They either don't give a shit about their customers or they are grossly understaffed...because they don't give a shit about their customers. It seems they may have expanded their market too fast and no one is making smart choices in the office side of things.

I think that's the case... I hear more and more QC issues. Too big too fast

There are no perfect guitars. Even the ones you think are, aren't. It's an imperfect medium made by imperfect people.

Funny story, I was talking to Bob Taylor about exactly this and he told me this story. One day he got an email from someone who bought a Taylor and was disappointed in a flaw he found. Bob simply emailed him back and said he was sorry but asked if he noticed the other half dozen flaws it most likely had. The customer emailed back amazed he had received a response directly from Bob and was in fact extremely happy with the guitar over all and finally had taken a minute to play it. rotflmaothwap0

Taylor is to me, a near untouchable bar of perfection so it was nice to hear they are human too :wink:
You are absolutely dead on with this.

I think my personal issue (which is my opinion and mine alone) is that for the amount of money people have been spending on Kiesel/Carvin guitars their QC and customer service has become abysmal. It's a day and age where you can walk into a store, buy a Squier Classic Vibe made in China, and have a giggable guitar after a preferential string change while having less glaring flaws than a Kiesel/Carvin.

If I have a ton of money to spend, they might've gotten some 10 years ago, but something happened a few years ago. I don't get any warm and fuzzies from them. I'll gladly give that money to you, Taylor, John Suhr, @telecaster911, D'Avanzo, or Frank Falbo. I know with any of you guys I'll get a quality instrument made by humans that care who won't give me a load of bullshit about it.

A smile goes a long way to making itsy-bitsy flaws disappear.

Finding ridiculous flaws in a guitar = excuse not to practice. There, I said it (again). wave0
I don't let flaws bother me. I mean... Look at how bad I fucked up the trem route on my orange Strat and it's still one of my favorite guitars to play.

IMG_20160824_205422.jpg
IMG_20160824_205450.jpg

It's just that when you're paying a ton of money you should expect it to at least have better QC than a Squier Affinity.

I'm not saying guitar makers should get a pass to build shitty guitars. I'm just saying that too many players use it as an excuse to not play the instrument.

Back