The Jayhawks Friday night at the 9:30 club

Chad

Slender Hobbit
Finally I get to see the Jayhawks live. The best part it is an early 9:30 club show so it will be over by 9 or so. I hate late nights.

Enjoy! I've seen them twice but it's been at least ten years. Somewhere around the release of Rainy Day Music.

Great band, I'm very envious.

I love the Jayhawks, but they're playing next week and we're officially on babywatch. Last time I saw them, they played Hollywood Town Hall in its entirety. Awesome show.

if it's called the 9:30 club, why is the show starting well before 9:30?
or does it mean that all shows are over by 9:30?

The original 9:30 Club was at 930 F street in DC. Headliners often go on stage at 9:30, but I don’t think it was ever a hard rule.

Also, best small venue ever!

I love the Jayhawks, but they're playing next week and we're officially on babywatch. Last time I saw them, they played Hollywood Town Hall in its entirety. Awesome show.

That would have been awesome. That is my favorite one of theirs.

if it's called the 9:30 club, why is the show starting well before 9:30?
or does it mean that all shows are over by 9:30?

Most shows start at 9:30 but they have 2 different shows Friday night. They did the same thing when I saw Bob Mould. I'm not complaining. I'll be home by 10.

Enjoy...

Get a slight buzz on before and during the concert and get hammered AFTER the show...........

Definitely confused by the time of the show, but whatever. Is Mark Olson back in the fold? I kinda went with the Mark faction when they split--I dug the direction Gary went in, but it wasn't what I was looking for from the Jayhawks--but I heard he was back. Haven't really followed either up in a long time.

Definitely confused by the time of the show, but whatever. Is Mark Olson back in the fold? I kinda went with the Mark faction when they split--I dug the direction Gary went in, but it wasn't what I was looking for from the Jayhawks--but I heard he was back. Haven't really followed either up in a long time.

Mark and Gary have worked together recently (in the last 8 years or so) but I don't think he is touring with the band.

Mark and Gary have worked together recently (in the last 8 years or so) but I don't think he is touring with the band.

Somehow, I managed to see the Mark & Gary reunion tour at the Bowery Ballroom. Incredible energy in that room, even though it wasn't "The Jayhawks".

Great show. The band sounded really good and looked like they were having fun. They had a special guest join them for a couple of songs, Rami Jaffee from the Wallflowers/Foo Fighters. The Foo Fighters were playing at the Black Cat around the corner for a Sonic Highways viewing. I guess they aired the DC episode last night.

> The Foo Fighters were playing at the Black Cat around the corner for a Sonic Highways viewing.

I remember when that place was a shitty dance club. There was a cheap parking lot a block down 14th street, so I went there because it was one of the few places I could go and not have to worry about my car being burgled. Those were the days…

> The Foo Fighters were playing at the Black Cat around the corner for a Sonic Highways viewing.

I remember when that place was a shitty dance club. There was a cheap parking lot a block down 14th street, so I went there because it was one of the few places I could go and not have to worry about my car being burgled. Those were the days…

I think Dave bought the Black Cat about a decade ago. It is a tiny place, it hold less than a 1000 people. Probably closer to 600. It would have been awesome to get to see. I read a review of the show and I sounded like it couldn't have been any better.

Back