The Ibanez Nutube Tubescreamer

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
26067240_351857745289308_8460960155779989504_n.jpg

I was just asking myself, self, you know what the world needs for 2018? Yet anther tube screamer variant.

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY THROUGH THE FUCKING THING YOU NARCISSISTIC TWATWAFFLE.

2:20 of boring talking at the start of a 6:17 video.

"Anyways, that's enough noodling for now." - after about 30 seconds of actually hearing the effect versus minutes of talking about it.

I guess it's the perfect effect review for web forum musicians -- spend more time talking about it than making music with it.

If you’re going to miniaturize tube preamps might as well go all out and make a mini pedal. But I guess this is still an improvement over pedals that have a tube sticking out of the top.

I'm going to keep being Nancy Negative on this.

When the guy wasn't talking, did anyone hear any appreciable difference in the "Nutube" technology versus diode clipping, op amps, or any other overdrive pedal from the last 40 years? Me neither.

There is more to tube amps than electrons in a vacuum. The power stage transformer plays a huge part in the way a tube amp feels to the player. At these tiny voltages with line-level output, it's still just clipping. They are clipping a different type of component but I'm really skeptical that it's a big change from anything else.

I'm going to keep being Nancy Negative on this.

When the guy wasn't talking, did anyone hear any appreciable difference in the "Nutube" technology versus diode clipping, op amps, or any other overdrive pedal from the last 40 years? Me neither.

There is more to tube amps than electrons in a vacuum. The power transformer is plays a huge part in the way a tube amp feels to the player. At these tiny voltages with line-level output, it's still just clipping. They are clipping a different type of component but I'm really skeptical that it's a big change from anything else.

I think there’s going to be a lot of bad demos for the next month or so as the NAMM hype machine gears up. We’ll see some real clips, likely with comparisons to standard tubescreamers, after that.

There is more to tube amps than electrons in a vacuum. The power stage transformer plays a huge part in the way a tube amp feels to the player. At these tiny voltages with line-level output, it's still just clipping. They are clipping a different type of component but I'm really skeptical that it's a big change from anything else.

This is why power amp on a chip pedals like the old DAM Sonic Titan and the pedals from Monstro are so cool. You get those dynamics and crackling attack that preamp distortion just doesn’t have. I’m not sure why these circuits don’t catch on.

I don’t follow why someone would want a tube in their Tube Screamer? The point is to push the preamp of an almost overdriven tube amp. If you need to get “tube tone” from your pedal, that’s something different. But it’s not a Tube Screamer.

I don’t follow why someone would want a tube in their Tube Screamer? The point is to push the preamp of an almost overdriven tube amp. If you need to get “tube tone” from your pedal, that’s something different. But it’s not a Tube Screamer.

I don't follow why people want Tubescreamers when treble boosters are superior. But you gotta let people make their own mistakes.

I don't follow why people want Tubescreamers when treble boosters are superior. But you gotta let people make their own mistakes.
That’s subjective, I guess.

A Tube Screamer is a thing though, and it has a specific purpose, and providing simulated tube tone is objectively not part of that purpose.

Back