The Humbler - The Incredible Danny Gatton!!!

Thanks for the post! LOVE Gatton!
The host was pretty well out of his league, musically.

Watching this right now- never seen this before, & the host unknowingly really put him on the spot- mostly due to being fairly musically ignorant ( "display the virtuosity people are talking about..." ). But then he plays these really cool examples of different styles, & if DG is nervous, he is not showing it at all.

I do remember seeing that host on tv somewhere though , & he always seemed very genuinely interested in whom he was interviewing, just honestly very curious. Just the way the interviewers style always struck me, anyways.

That video was cool as hell- thanks for the link.:grin:

Charlie Rose is a pretty good interviewer. Not a host, but an actual journalist that does his research and asked pointed questions. He's not writing for a music magazine, but interviewing for a national broadcast. As such he's not pulling punches and is making the story of this "unknown" legend compelling. He also wants the audience to see that Gatton is for real as a player. Danny's was completely up to the task, so it was nothing but good.

I never knew Charlie had such a strong accent. It's not there now when he does his interviews on PBS and other venues.

Great guitar player. Gatton,Buchanan,Stern and Kath are the guitarists that turned me on to the wonders of a Telecaster.

I swear I can't watch Gatton interviews...just knowing how it all ends for him is too much. So sad.

I stopped playing guitar for about 8-9 months after he took his life. Glad to say that I have moved on. He is totally a big inspiration to me. The best part was the day I met him!!!

RandynDG.jpg

Back