The huge rim phenomenon: Can someone explain it to me?

That's valid. I suppose I'm not one to poke fun at any trend. Regarding the boots. If I ever need to make a BDSM video I'll at least have the footwear for it.

Bullshit, poke away! Just take your own opinion with a grain of salt... Anyways, I'm about to turn 47, so I'm so far behind the trends, everything seem goofy to me, which means I'm just some goofy middle aged guy to the young trendy folks... Hell, I'm even goofy to myself...

goofy to myself...

wpid-Goofy-Mirror.jpg

yeah, but we're generally not talking about racing. we're talking about idiots modifying their Hondas to go pimpin' with.

True, but I'm not interested in any thing like that. I'm kind of like the Service Nazi from Seinfeld. "You don't try, you do it Jerry!" I have seen my mechanic tell a customer "if you can't afford to service it, you shouldn't own a BMW." when a gal said "that part seems expensive can I replace it next time?" I know I'm weird, but I take cars very seriously.

True, but I'm not interested in any thing like that. I'm kind of like the Service Nazi from Seinfeld. "You don't try, you do it Jerry!" I have seen my mechanic tell a customer "if you can't afford to service it, you shouldn't own a BMW." when a gal said "that part seems expensive can I replace it next time?" I know I'm weird, but I take cars very seriously.

i understand that, but that's not the nature of the thread. that's a different thread. this thread is about stupid rims.

:) Those rims are definitely fucking stupid! Hows that?

Reverend1, you would be appalled at how I treat my truck! I bought it new in 2004, and have never washed it... Well, I use the gas station squeegee to wipe off road grime in the winter, and hose it off once in a blue moon... I scratched it on the very first day I got it... The bed looks like it survived a war... On the other hand, I'm really good about mechanical maintenance... Oh, and you would have shit when i was drilling holes for my lumber rack... :wink:

Last edited:
Something like this I'm not:

131_0902_37_z+february_2009_4x4_trucks+1995_chevy_z71.jpg

I'm not a fan of vehicles that have been lowered either.

What's really cool about that beast is when it rolls from being too top heavy, it will nicely crush the exhaust! I guess jacking up a truck like that costs so much, there is nothing left for a roll bar...

:) Those rims are definitely fucking stupid! Hows that?

Reverend1, you would be appalled at how I treat my truck! I bought it new in 2007, and have never washed it... Well, I use the gas station squeegee to wipe off road grime in the winter, and hose it off once in a blue moon... I scratched it on the very first day I got it... The bed looks like it survived a war... On the other hand, I'm really good about mechanical maintenance... Oh, and you would have shit when i was drilling holes for my lumber rack... :wink:

Lol, you are correct. When my wife is pissed at me and we are in the car. She puts finger smudges on the windows because she knows it drives me insane. My last girlfriend before my wife told me "sometimes I think you love your cars more than me". I said "you're right".

If the peep's that are so consumed with their cars knew that most of the world doesn't really look, acknowledge, or give a shit about them or their rides, they might spontaneously implode. :eek:

Seriously, most people don't care what you did to your hair, the new ink you have, what kind of car or cell phone you got, etc.

If the peep's that are so consumed with their cars knew that most of the world doesn't really look, acknowledge, or give a shit about them or their rides, they might spontaneously implode. :eek:

Seriously, most people don't care what you did to your hair, the new ink you have, what kind of car or cell phone you got, etc.

Very true.

they don't care what you do to your guitar, but it's a huge deal around here. "most people" like American Idol and McDonalds.

Therein lies the problem with doing anything at all to impress or otherwise affect anyone other than yourself. I've modified a handful of cars over the last several years, including an FC3S RX-7 and a 2nd gen Mitsu 3000GT, but I did it because I wanted to. It was a pursuit that I enjoyed in all regards and I still couldn't possibly care less what anyone else thinks of my having done so.

:shrug:

Therein lies the problem with doing anything at all to impress or otherwise affect anyone other than yourself. I've modified a handful of cars over the last several years, including an FC3S RX-7 and a 2nd gen Mitsu 3000GT, but I did it because I wanted to. It was a pursuit that I enjoyed in all regards and I still couldn't possibly care less what anyone else thinks of my having done so.

:shrug:

Exactly! Do it for yourself... For the love of modding, going faster, better handling for SCCA races, restoring a classic to the level it deserves, etc.
Trying to impress others is about as fruitful as a monkey fucking a football.

Yep... My 2007 KTM 450EXC street legal dirt bike was purchased new, and was virtually useless without modding, although much of this has to do with what they did to meet the EPA requirements... Of course, it's not very street "legal" anymore...

Point is, Reverend! is SCCA racer, and has had dedicated race cars, so he has no need to mod his daily ride... I only have one motorcycle, so it had to be modded to be what I really want it for... So, a lot of my friends have modded their brand new cars so that they could take them to the track for track day... They have only one car, so they had to mod it... Which reminds me, I have Subaru WRX GAS in a bad way...

Yep... My 2007 KTM 450EXC street legal dirt bike was purchased new, and was virtually useless without modding, although much of this has to do with what they did to meet the EPA requirements... Of course, it's not very street "legal" anymore...

Point is, Reverend! is SCCA racer, and has had dedicated race cars, so he has no need to mod his daily ride... I only have one motorcycle, so it had to be modded to be what I really want it for... So, a lot of my friends have modded their brand new cars so that they could take them to the track for track day... They have only one car, so they had to mod it... Which reminds me, I have Subaru WRX GAS in a bad way...

I see if I can find some pic of my racing partners WRX TE. Its a wicked race car. He consistantly beats me and thinks it's very funny. I also told him if he keeps it up I will make him remove my Bavarian Autosport banners from his Japanese cars. It is a really, really fast car, and I hate him for it.

The only real mods I've done to any of my cars has been back in the 90s when I had cars that had a cassette deck, I usually swapped them out for a CD deck.

Other than that, I just do routine maintenance and/or try to fix whatever is broken.

The only real mods I've done to any of my cars has been back in the 90s when I had cars that had a cassette deck, I usually swapped them out for a CD deck.

Other than that, I just do routine maintenance and/or try to fix whatever is broken.

You mean you didn't have the discman with the cassette thingy.

Back