The Honda NSX Prototype Has Gone Up In Flames At The Nurburgring

Ted Klaus, development chief for the project, has been quoted as saying that the team behind the car is “looking for the excitement of the [Ferrari] 458 at the price of the 911.” Given that both early 458s and 991 911 GT3s had a tendency to catch fire, this statement feels a little awkward in retrospect.

:lol: :embarrassed:

2640789668_48a2a84ddf.jpg

BTW -- WTF with that paint job. Are they trying to be the official car of Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd?

pink-floyd-david-gilmour-syd-barrett-nick-mason-roger-waters-richard-wright-music.jpg

BTW -- WTF with that paint job. Are they trying to be the official car of Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd?

Almost all prototypes have weird patterned images all over them so that when spy photos are taken, it's more difficult to see what the finished product is going to look like.

Here's a remodel where they didn't want people to know what the bumper and tail lights were going to look like.
IMG_2562.JPG

I never realized that, but them I'm not exactly an automotive enthusiast (proud owner of a 2000 Nissan Altima -- still going strong at 142K...)

I never realized that, but them I'm not exactly an automotive enthusiast (proud owner of a 2000 Nissan Altima -- still going strong at 142K...)

Yeah, all the manufacturers do that.

Some of them are pretty wild looking actually. They "camo" them so it's tough to decipher what the new model year changes will be until the final car is unveiled.

You could always vinyl wrap your car with a crazy pattern like that. Probably costs less than $1000 or so.

I had 4 of the 'new' Ford Focus's pass me going the other way on M-60 between I-69 & Three Rivers, MI back before they were for sale to the public. All 4 of them were cow-colored, white & black or black & white. I don't think they were painted like that to cover up the looks though. Probably for some kind of promotional thing.

I saw a cow car yesterday here in St. Catharines. I think it was a Focus. I saw a smaller logo type graphic as well. So, if it's the same deal, it probably was some sort of promotion.

Back