The hazards of working in a car dealership...

jelloman

Couch'd Tater...
Owning 2 vehicles has become a bit of a hassle and I've been thinking about selling the 2007 Ranger and just keeping the Mazda3...the Ranger only has 60K on it but it is starting to rust underneath, the car has 53K and is pretty clean overall...

Then today this drives into the shop...

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LTD...loaded, 11,300 actual miles...needs 2 tires, a battery, and brake rotors redurfaced...

Even up trade for both of mine...no brainer, I own it...

Congrats. Carol owned 2 vehicles once. and the one that got the least use ended up rusting and getting mouse nests built in it.

Okay, I just noticed it's a 2012.

4 years with that few miles could destroy tires.

I'd check out all the hoses and belts, too.

Last edited:
Been there done that. When I worked in a dealership I cut a deal on a car. The manager told me to do the pre-sale inspection for the state nd it was mine. By the time I was done they paid more for repairs than I paid for the car. Lots of stuff I would have let slide on any other car I checked unsafe on mine.

Okay, I must noticed it's a 2012.

4 years with that few miles could destroy tires.

I'd check out all the hoses and belts, too.
I did, it's all good...

We made it a Certified Pre-Owned (overlooked a few things) so I have the full 100K warranty on it...:thu:

Didn't get it ready in time for Prep to do a full detail on it, but they gave it a quick wash...they'll do the complete work up on it Monday after it gets inspected...the dead battery put it out of readiness so they can't inspect it until it goes through a number of drive cycles...

Despite that, it's tagged and I'm driving it...

Home...

Back